Broadband Iptv

Same I have Sly Q router but login ip is 192.168.0.1 will probably be standard for Sly routers username - admin password - sky

most IPTV providers stream using HLS protocol which uses adaptive bit rate streaming,it creates several files in different resolutions and delivers according to the bandwidth available,this is done every 10 seconds in bursts,because you receive all the stream data in a burst your bandwidth requirement might be higher than you think.Many IPTV providers do not understand how this works and will often oversubscribe their servers as they will work on simple maths for example a 1Gbps server will give 200 connections at 5Mbps..WRONG they would see the HLS bursts passing the limits which would result in cuts and freezes for clients.

As I have said in many responses there are so many factors that contribute towards unhappy IPTV use some are device specific, some ISP, some down to the provider without knowing the the facts from the OP we are all blind drunk trying to hit a target in the dark :confused:

Thanks for all the msgs.
Using Smart IPTV on an android tv. Seems to buffer during peak usage times (Football )
Currently on sly broadband unlimited..not fibre

When I try it on my phone I still get some buffering, perhaps less.
When I use 4g vodadone there's no issues at all

Back