on mine BT Sports 2HD
QAM256
Frequency 731 Mhz
Symbol Rate 6952000
Inversion off
FEC Auto

it is pixellating but working ok here, try a manual scan on these settings

BT Sport 2 SD or BT Sport 2 HD
If a non-ABM scan does not find it, it is going to be a signal issue at that frequency.

I am getting lost by what is trying to be conveyed. What I would like to know is this:
Question 1.
Does ABM function with the values in the current provider file on GitHub. (If some channels do not work, that is a secondary topic)

Question 2. If ABM succeeds.
Can you see the channel in the bouquets.
Can you select the channel (not interested if it does not work at this stage)
If you select it, what error do you get?
What are the signal levels for this EXACT frequency, symbol rate and modulation. No benefit in posting details of another frequency

Thanks Pablo, yeh don't get it. Tried your net ID as well.
You cannot try any other NetID in ABM, if it is is in the stream data, you will get channels taht wont work in your bouquets. You must use the NetID that Virgin uses for your area.

In tuner config, you can use whatever you want. It makes no difference for UK cable.

Abu, thanks for the replies.
Firstly I've only used my net ID in abm 40965

Q1 ABM functions on vix 5.2 025 fine except im not getting bt sport 2, all other bouquets fine
If I do software update to 026 abm will not scan, shows failed to scan tuner B

Q2 When abm succeeds, yes can see the channels and yes I can select the channel
No error on screen, just blank for a few seconds then shows a still pic of the previous channel I was on
739 Mhz 6952 Quam256-3/4 snr 0%

Hope this answers your questions, many thanks

@wilsock :
dpwnload and unzip this cable.xml file
FTP it to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers
then run a scan in autobouquetsmaker
it looks like the frequency has changed, although not sure how you are getting ABM to run, might be worth a shot

Attachments

• cable_uk_virgin.rar
    3.2 KB · Views: 9
all I've done is edit the modulation from 3 to 5 as per Abu's post a few months ago:
<configuration modulation="5" system="0" symbol_rate="6952000" frequency="595000" bouquettype="hd" netid="40965" key="hd_40965_dvbc_uk">40965 Knowsley 1</configuration>

he said QAM 64 = 3
QAM 256 = 5
your image posted above suggests the QAM has changed from 64 to 256

The image is not going to make a difference, ABM is a plugin. In any case the current provider file has
frequency="595000" symbol_rate="6952000" system="0" modulation="5"
These match what your screenshot shows

ABM functions on vix 5.2 025 fine except im not getting bt sport 2, all other bouquets fine
Explain this again, please.

SD or HD? (second time of asking)

Does "Not getting bt sport 2" mean
A. ABM does not add it to your bouquets.
B. ABM finds it, but when you select it, it does not work.

If that is directed at me, I know. Although there are caveats.

The channel that is still broadcasting is called "BT Sport 2 HD". At no point has the OP mentioned "HD" If he is trying to find the SD channel , he won't find it and keep saying it is not found/not working.

Thank you! Forget ABM for time being.

Stage 1
Select the channel. Go to signal finder then grab a screenshot and upload it.
Use your web browser to grab the screenshot instead of camera.
So if your receiver has IP address "192.168.0.12", put the following in your web browser.

Code:
http://192.168.0.12/grab?format=jpg

You can then right click, save image as.

Stage 2.
To be continued......

Last edited:
Back