1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, If you haven't already please like our Facebook Page. We post Discount Codes for the Major online retailers. We saved members a fortune over Xmas and continue to post amazing discounts for everyday items. You need to add us to see what i'm taking about. CLICK HERE - click LIKE, add us to "SEE FIRST". So you don't miss expiring codes.

Cable and FreeSat CustomMix

Discussion in 'Enigma2 - Plugins' started by dsayers2014, Jun 6, 2017.

1. dsayers2014

dsayers2014 VIP Member

Male
    Hi im starting to do a Custommix for Virgin Media UK to swap channels with FreeSat This is a VIRGIN MEDIA line-up with all the free channels from sky replacing those on the Virgin Lineup at the moment im not sure of the channels to swap but this CustomMix (Thanks to rossi2000) adds all FreeSat channels to Virgin Line up including regional channels so BBC 1 to channel 5 will be using sat sd versions (this may change) and I would like your thoughts and see where we go from here.

To test it download ABM CustomMix Importer

Goto plugins then green to download plugins then systemplugins and download ABM CusomMix Importer

Reboot box

now we need to setup ABM CustomMix plugin

menu>setup>service searching>ABM CustomMix Importer

Import needs to be Dsayers: Dsayers: Sky UK free to air channels into Virgin Media UK

Press yellow to download the xml

Change Enable autofech to yes if you want it to download the xml automatically

Lead time change this to the time you want it to download before you have abm scheduled to run.

Dsayers CustomMix Imprter.jpg

Now we need to set abm

Recommended ABM setting

Menu, setup, service searching, AutoBouquetsMaker, providers

Sky UK yes
    Sky UK your area HD
    no need to generate bouquets.

Virgin UK yes
    Virgin UK your net Id
    the rest is upto you

Once done press green to save then check providers order and check Virgin UK is on top press green to save then start scan.

Again thanks to rossi2000 for providing the CustomMix file and thanks to Huevos for creating The Dsayers CustomMix plugin

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
    kilohydro, fbaggy, Willo3092 and 3 others like this.
  2. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

wont work for me as in wrong country

3. dsayers2014

dsayers2014 VIP Member

Male
    Beta Script

Small update on this I've managed to update a script to download the cable_uk_virgin_CustomMix.xml file so you can run it using a crontimer to download weekly, daily, monthly etc

OpenVIX
    Unzip CableAndFTAMix.zip and Ftp the CableAndFTAMix.sh to usr/scripts. Create the scripts folder if you haven't got one.

OpenATV
    Unzip CableAndFTAMix.zip and Ftp the CableAndFTAMix.sh to usr/script. Create the script folder if you haven't got one.

OpenVIX
    On box press
    Menu, setup, vix, scriptrunner green to start the script

OpenATV
    On box press
    Menu, Info Panel, Plugins, Job Manager green to start the script

Now we need to set a crontimer to run the script

Menu > Timers > CronTimers (you may be prompted to install 'busybox-cron' - install this - box will restart)

Add a Cron Timer by pressing the Green button

Run How Often ? - Daily
    Time To Execute Command Or Script - Whatever you prefer, I have 00:00
    Command Type - predefined
    In command to run you should see the CableAndFTAMix.sh
    Press green to save then check if it says start on autostart if not yellow to start and blue to autostart
    Now reboot box thats it it should download the custommix.xml daily.

Ill look at doing a plugin at a later date.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  4. Luffy

Luffy Registered

How would I use this to make my own? I'd like to replace all the satellite channels with cable ones.

5. Luffy

Luffy Registered

How would I use this to make my own? I'd like to replace all the satellite channels with cable ones. As i live in an area which loses

6. Luffy

Luffy Registered

How would I use this to make my own? I'd like to replace all the satellite channels with cable ones. As i live in an area which loses

7. dsayers2014

dsayers2014 VIP Member

Male
    I don't fully understand what you're wanting to do. I have a plugin that downloads a sat custommix to swap dead sat channels with virgin

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

8. Luffy

Luffy Registered

Basically want to replace all the sly channels with Vermin. This includes the working sly channels. e.g. BBC One HD with Vermin's BBC One HD

9. Luffy

Luffy Registered

Basically want to replace all the sly channels with Vermin. This includes the working sly channels. e.g. BBC One HD with Vermin's bbc

10. dsayers2014

dsayers2014 VIP Member

Male
    This isnt going to be easy rename this custommix to sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml then you will need to change provider to cable_uk_virgin channel 1 to 5 should then be done for you for the rest google will be your friend to find the virgin and sky channel numbers.

so Sky 1 HD is <insert target="106" source="109" provider="cable_uk_virgin" ></insert> <!-- sky one hd --> target is the channel number you want to replace (106) source is the virgin channel number (109) then provider is where your taking the source from.

Virgin doesn't have as many channels as sky so thats where your going to struggle.

You can find my other custommix that swaps dead sky channels with virgin here that may help you
    Code:
    [ Only registered users can see the bbcode. Click Here To Register... ]
    If you need more help youll be best starting another thread and ill help you the best I can.

11. byson1984

byson1984 Registered

Male
    Is this working and is there a plugin for it? I only use a free sat and vermin thanks

12. dsayers2014

dsayers2014 VIP Member

Male
    Yes its working there is no plugin as of yet just ftp the custommix to abm custom folder following the guide and it should swap all available FTA sat channels with virgin

13. byson1984

byson1984 Registered

Male
    Cheers mate :-) I use epg importer, does it work with that?

14. dsayers2014

dsayers2014 VIP Member

Male
    Yes epg importer wont affect it you just need to be using Autobouquetsmaker to scan channels what you use for epg data is separate and shouldn't affect it

15. nizpatel

nizpatel Registered

Hi mate

Am I using this custom mix file with your previous one that replaces sky channels with Virgin. Or do I delete that one and just use this one?

16. dsayers2014

dsayers2014 VIP Member

Male
    Delete that one and use this

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

17. dsayers2014

dsayers2014 VIP Member

Male
    Small changes to the kids and International bouquets due to the recent FTA changes file uploaded on first post FTP the cable_uk_virgin_CustomMix.xml to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/ and rescan ABM

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  18. dsayers2014

dsayers2014 VIP Member

Male
    Beta Script added to post 3 let me know how you go on

19. dsayers2014

dsayers2014 VIP Member

Male
    Plugin available via most plugin feeds post 1 updated with instructions

20. Jay333

Jay333 Registered

I am need help with my channel list, if you could help it would be appreciated. I am wanting to have vm and the extra fta sky channels that vm is missing in one bouquet. I have tried using the dsayers custommix importer but it only swops the allready channels there to sky fta but doesnt add all the fta channels from sky what you dont get on vm.

21. dsayers2014

dsayers2014 VIP Member

Male
    What Sky FTA channels are missing? Try to provide channel names and the official Sky and Virgin channel numbers bare in mind if they are FTA on Virgin I wont swap them

22. Jay333

Jay333 Registered

Not at home right now but defiantly missing music channels that are on fta sky