Cable Help

RamaTech

Hello

I am looking some info please.

What is the best box to use for a VM Gift? I have seen an offer for 2 boxes and 12 months for £230 but I have no idea what the boxes are and don't really want to be sold duds that might cease to work or something a few months down the line.

Also do these boxes need both a coax cable and ethernet cable running to them? So if I have the boxes set up in seperate rooms do they both need these 2 cables running to them?

Don't buy a box with a gift, they generally go off early and then you will
end up here asking what to do next.

Buy a box of your choice have a read here

There are guides on how to set up the boxes in various sections around the forum.

You can request a line "gift" here

Each box will need a coax feed from VM and an internet connection.

Thanks for the quick reply and the great info. I know some who have got from the same seller and for the past 2 years they say the service has been great. He charges £55 a year for the 12 months at the end of the first year. So the initial £230 quid is for the 2 boxes, the setup and 12 months subscription.

Am I right in saying you can use a splitter for the coax cable? I had a similar setup before with a eurovox in one room and the original vm box in another. I currently have a t8 android box running in a different room my router and this is connected ethernet via homeplugs. Is this setup still ok for one of the new boxes?

Sorry for all the questions

Yes you can use splitters to get the VM feed to the other box.

and homeplugs for your internet feed.

What box does he supply ?

Im not sure yet. It says set ups for skybox, openbox, libertyview, cloud ibox, octagon, blademedia, dreambox, technomate Vu+ and more. I don't know which of those are used for cable. Are those boxes any good?

Those mentioned above are generally sat boxes, not cable although technomate and VU
can be supplied with cable tuners.

The box should have a DVB-C or DVB-C/T (cable or cable / terrestrial hybrid tuner)

DVB-S or DVB-S2 are sat tuners

Back