Cable/sat box with built in HDD

Sorry bit confused now, will 1 subscription for cable mean both cable tuners work or do you need 1 subscription per cable tuner? Not bothered about sat tuners as yet

Thanks

1 subscription is required to the run the Cable Twin Tuner as I have.

This allows the watching of 1 channel whilst recording another.

Sorry bit confused now, will 1 subscription for cable mean both cable tuners work or do you need 1 subscription per cable tuner? Not bothered about sat tuners as yet

Thanks
You only need one subscription for both cable tuners, but unless you can find a line that will work for both cable and satellite, you'll also need a satellite line when you get round to sorting that out - that will work on all satellite tuners on the box though.

Hi guys

I'm finally ready now to order a box as I've given notice on Sky Q. I think I have decided on a VU + as a make but I am struggling to decide on the model! Decided on VU for speed
Also I am currently running a ZGemma on Openvix which will go into bedroom which is fine but seems newer VU run on black box?
Is blackbox same as openvix and as easy to set up/use etc, will my C line go into this?

Thanks again for all help

Last edited:
Doesn't have to use blackbox.
I flashed vix then went back to blackbox as I found it faster in my opinion.
I just like messing with them more than watching TV.

We're you purchasing from mate.
I have the duo2 arriving between 1.37 today and 2.37 today that comes flashed with Vix and my solo se v2 I just sold came with Vix.
What model are you looking at and we're from.

I get bored easily mate.
lol
Treated myself to that and a mag box to play with my new project.
Turns out I may have purchased a shit mag so that may be going straight back lol.

Looking at ***, really cannot decide on model as I'm looking at 4K for future proofing otherwise I'm going round in circles, least I seem to have narrowed to a make

You sound as bad as Dangerous and Willo lol. Know the feeling though. Think I'll still with the Duo 2 for a while.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Mate you don't get HD on sat never mind 4k. Once cable lock HD you deffintly get no chance of getting 4k.

---------- Post Merged at 08:47 AM ----------

You sound as bad as Dangerous and Willo lol. Know the feeling though. Think I'll still with the Duo 2 for a while.

Am not as bad as them yet lol
4 months I had my solo lol

---------- Post Merged at 08:53 AM ----------

JUST ARRIVED! TWIN CABLE DVB-C + SINGLE SATELLITE DVB-S/S2!

Mate this box is a bargain £138

Meet the Technomate TM-Nano-SE M2 PLUS, one of the most compact Linux Enigma 2 PVR with internal SATA HDD support that we've ever sold! The new Technomate TM-Nano-SE M2 PLUS unlike the original TM-Nano-SE PLUS, the M2 PLUS has an optional 2nd tuner slot that is compatible with Technomate's latest TWIN DVB-C (cable) tuner module, also available are 2nd Satellite tuner or Hybrid DVB-C/T2 - see product options. Another useful feature is the A/V out port complete with A/V out leads (included) to allow RCA and scart (via adapter not included) connections.

This listing comes with 1x embedded DVB-S/S2 Satellite tuner + extra TWIN DVB-C tuner module pre-installed.

Packing the latest powerful 751MHz Broadcom CPU (BCM7362) with all the performance of the original TM-Nano + IR extender and new style remote + a quality 3.0 AMP External power supply all at an amazing LOW price!

Powerful Features
The TM-Nano SE M2 PLUS comes with a 751MHz Broadcom CPU that runs at 2000 DMIPS which is powerful enough to support all demanding multimedia functions.

Sylish, gloss black front panel & metal casing
The front panel is a gloss black, adding a luxurious touch to the model. Amazing spec at a low price, top quality metal casing, internal SATA HDD facility, external IR receiver, card reader and more!

Supports 7 Days EPG, CrossEPG, AutobouquetsMaker, 1080 Skins + Many 3rd Party Plugins.

Automatic channel list updates with OpenViX and AutobouquetsMaker!

Enigma 2 support from 4D Team (OpenPLi build) and OE-Alliance team OpenViX and OpenATV.

FREE ENIGMA 2 FLASHING!

FREE 2PIN TO 3PIN PLUG ADAPTER!

ADD 320GB HDD FOR ONLY £29!

ADD 500GB HDD FOR ONLY £40!

ADD 1TB HDD FOR ONLY £60!

So by default I'm looking at a DUO 2 by the looks. Have you put Kodi on, is it direct or full Kodi? Will I need 2 cable feeds to back of box?

---------- Post Merged at 08:58 AM ----------

Replied before last message appeared.
Yea was looking at that bit worried on speed of box and specs as my ZGemma although good bit slow going around Kodi direct

Mine had one feed and split internally I will no more by 2pm when my toys arrive lol

The board only has 2 tuner sockets - I've only a single sat and single cable as all I need really. You can have your 1 coax to 1 twin tuner and loop through to tuner B to give you the 4 tuners if you've 2 duals...

Mate you don't get HD on sat never mind 4k. Once cable lock HD you deffintly get no chance of getting 4k.

---------- Post Merged at 08:47 AM ----------

Am not as bad as them yet lol
4 months I had my solo lol

---------- Post Merged at 08:53 AM ----------

JUST ARRIVED! TWIN CABLE DVB-C + SINGLE SATELLITE DVB-S/S2!

Mate this box is a bargain £138

Meet the Technomate TM-Nano-SE M2 PLUS, one of the most compact Linux Enigma 2 PVR with internal SATA HDD support that we've ever sold! The new Technomate TM-Nano-SE M2 PLUS unlike the original TM-Nano-SE PLUS, the M2 PLUS has an optional 2nd tuner slot that is compatible with Technomate's latest TWIN DVB-C (cable) tuner module, also available are 2nd Satellite tuner or Hybrid DVB-C/T2 - see product options. Another useful feature is the A/V out port complete with A/V out leads (included) to allow RCA and scart (via adapter not included) connections.

This listing comes with 1x embedded DVB-S/S2 Satellite tuner + extra TWIN DVB-C tuner module pre-installed.

Packing the latest powerful 751MHz Broadcom CPU (BCM7362) with all the performance of the original TM-Nano + IR extender and new style remote + a quality 3.0 AMP External power supply all at an amazing LOW price!

Powerful Features
The TM-Nano SE M2 PLUS comes with a 751MHz Broadcom CPU that runs at 2000 DMIPS which is powerful enough to support all demanding multimedia functions.

Sylish, gloss black front panel & metal casing
The front panel is a gloss black, adding a luxurious touch to the model. Amazing spec at a low price, top quality metal casing, internal SATA HDD facility, external IR receiver, card reader and more!

Supports 7 Days EPG, CrossEPG, AutobouquetsMaker, 1080 Skins + Many 3rd Party Plugins.

Automatic channel list updates with OpenViX and AutobouquetsMaker!

Enigma 2 support from 4D Team (OpenPLi build) and OE-Alliance team OpenViX and OpenATV.

FREE ENIGMA 2 FLASHING!

FREE 2PIN TO 3PIN PLUG ADAPTER!

ADD 320GB HDD FOR ONLY £29!

ADD 500GB HDD FOR ONLY £40!

ADD 1TB HDD FOR ONLY £60!

Gone for this, thanks for All the help!

Not surprised you went with technomate very wise choice.

Worry about 4K etc when the prices are more reasonable.

Personally I'm keeping an eye on Octagon SF4008 - bit early to buy yet.

Back