Can i connect a normal Aerial plug onto a Coax cable?

jaffabfc

HI,

when i had sky installed at my house the sky man cut the aerial lead without me knowing and took the left over cable with him.

I currently have a Zgemma box setup from v***in is it possible to run a cable from splitter and change the plug on the end to a normal aerial plug to connect direct to my tv?

With zgemma boxes getting worse as time goes on and freezing all the time i am wanting to just connect the freeview to the sattelite.

I really dont want to have to run another cable if i can help it.

Thanks

1. the only free to view channels you would get from a virgin feed are bbc1 & 2, ITV 1, channel 4 and channel 5 all SD only.
2. your TV would need a cable tuner I believe, my tv has a cable tuner but I couldn't get anything from the virgin feed when I tried it when I first got the TV.
3. If your tv has a freesat tuner then you should be able to plug the feed directly from your dish into your TV to get the freesat channels
4. Zgemma boxes aren't getting worse, the freezing is more than likely caused either by your connections or line provider.

i thought that may be the case and to be honest i am unsure whether i have freesat or freeview but i will look.

the zgemma i have is freezing on most freeview channels such as watch and dave, i have been on about 10 different servers and all are doing the same. my internet is 300mb. i have a friend who has one from a totally different source and different server and its the exact same issue he as.

what zgemma is it you have? is it on cable or satellite as you mention satellite but then say it's connected to virgin.

Your box can be used for both Freesat (via your sat cable) or for Freeview (via a normal TV aerial on your roof)

Depending on what image you are currently using on the box depends on how you go about setting this up. As you said in your first post about freezing etc, now will be the perfect time to wipe the box with a fresh install of the latest openATV version and then decide what image you want to set your box up with.

Here is a direct link to the latest openATV image for your box: http://images.mynonpublic.com/openatv/6.1/zgemmah2h/openatv-6.1-zgemmah2h-20180731_usb.zip

If you are already running openATV, you can also do this from the blue button -> Flash online -> Green button -> Highlight latest image and press the green button.

If you have the H2H then you would get more freeview channels via a satellite connection than you would via cable, Dave is not available on cable full stop now but is on satellite. ITV 2-4 are available on freesat but is a paid for channel on cable.

As Wooshman has said, it could be a good time to reflash your box, especially if you haven't flashed it for a while.

All 3 systems are different
sat uses signal from lnb to sat tuner dvb/s
cable uses live vm feed to cable tuner with splitters 5-1000 mhz to cable tuner.
terrestrial uses aerial on roof to dvb/t tuner.
dont use splitters for cable and sat and terrestrial =not safe.

Back