Can I stream from a NAS on a ZGemma?

Yes, it is the same button combination to get you to the network browser on OpenATV too which is what WooshBuild runs on.
Hi there, just bought aH9.2s box and got it up and running using OpenATV which is what was installed already.
I have a seperate media player which I use to play h264 files and I saw this supports H265 so trying to set this up to play my films. They are stored on a NAS drive, WD my cloud which sits on my wired LAN network.
I can get to mounts setup, tried rescanning, but cannot see my NAS at all on the network. All i get is the zgemma box.

Please can anyone explain what I could be doing wrong?

I presume you have samba enabled on any box you want to add on the network.Power off the NAS and then on as it might not be seen.You did a network browse on your home network and presume its all hard wired.

Hi, Thanks for the reply.
Not sure about samba, I have re powered my NAS, if I view connected devices on my pc, it shows zgemma, and my NAS . Nas is shared on network. no passwords, my media player, summvision just picks it up off my network with no settings.
Yes all devices are hard wired on network LAN. If I log into my ISP router, I can see my NAS, ZGEMMA, and all other ethernet devices all UP and connected, so cannot think why my zgemma does not recognise it at all?

Hi, Thanks for the reply.
Not sure about samba, I have re powered my NAS, if I view connected devices on my pc, it shows zgemma, and my NAS . Nas is shared on network. no passwords, my media player, summvision just picks it up off my network with no settings.
Yes all devices are hard wired on network LAN. If I log into my ISP router, I can see my NAS, ZGEMMA, and all other ethernet devices all UP and connected, so cannot think why my zgemma does not recognise it at all?
Sounds like your NAS is running a DLNA server service (just like your Zgemma does) which is why your computer is able to see it. Therefore you probably need a DLNA client on your Zgemma - - Green Button - Green Button - Extensions -- look for and install a DLNA Client/Browser

Sounds like your NAS is running a DLNA server service (just like your Zgemma does) which is why your computer is able to see it. Therefore you probably need a DLNA client on your Zgemma - - Green Button - Green Button - Extensions -- look for and install a DLNA Client/Browser
Thanks, did that and installed a DLNA browser and I can see my NAS, I can browse through the folders, thought great! ....But i can not see all my movies, just a few . All my movies are MKV files so cant see why I can not see all my videos? Also to use it, do I have to go to the settings, where the plug in is and select it each time, or can I assign a button to take me straight to my NAS? I will have to look in to it further, but if I am only able to watch a handful of my videos, then maybe I am better keeping my media player connected for this?
Sorry, I am new to this, only got the box yesterday, I really appreciate your help so quickly after I posted :-)

All my receivers are connected to my NAS and use it as a recording location.
You can allocate the coloured buttons to go directly to the mounts in the movie list.

Set up as below in Mount Manager, username and password is on the next screen in settings.
Save and completely reboot the box so that the settings are written to fstab.
Go back into Mount Manager and click on the mount you created, then green to save.
Overwrite the existing mount and you should then be able to see and access the share in /media/net/ or /mnt/net/

2020-06-19_103409.jpg

Last edited:
All my receivers are connected to my NAS and use it as a recording location.
You can allocate the coloured buttons to go directly to the mounts in the movie list.

Set up as below in Mount Manager, username and password is on the next screen in settings.
Save and completely reboot the box so that the settings are written to fstab.
Go back into Mount Manager and click on the mount you created, then green to save.
Overwrite the existing mount and you should then be able to see and access the share in /mnt/net/

View attachment 52122
Cool, many thanks. I will have a look

Back