Cancelling VM sub

RamaTech

hello folks. If I cancel my vm tv sub will I lose all the channels or does the coax cable connection into the house remain live?

Thanks

Best bet would be to try and keep the basic tv package and a decent broadband service, then try a cable sub, it will still work out cheaper in the long run.

Yes I already have that setup. I have the basic tv package along with a phone line thats not even plugged in and 200 meg broadband. I just want to scrap it all and keep the broadband. Paying £55 for a phoneline I dont use and I dont have the vm box turned on either. Could maybe save myself 20 quid a month. Not much but it all counts.

Yeah thats the same as us we dont even have the landline phone connected anymore, but still paying the line, our monthly bill varies from £45 to £55 , its in the wifes name and she pays it from her bank, sick of telling her to try and get the phone scrapped.

Yes I already have that setup. I have the basic tv package along with a phone line thats not even plugged in and 200 meg broadband. I just want to scrap it all and keep the broadband. Paying £55 for a phoneline I dont use and I dont have the vm box turned on either. Could maybe save myself 20 quid a month. Not much but it all counts.
if keeping broadband then you shouldn't have a problem. I just have broadband and phone and tv feed is still live.

Theres still a few good tv stations that we get and we have the v6 box and the 200mb internet, just wish they would scrap the phone line, but they wont do it, unless we take a mobile phone from them.

Cool Im going to phone them. They always give the rubbish that its cheaper if you have tv, broadband and phone as a package. Think Im in a contract too until the end of the year ffs

Grahamer dont take a mobile phone from them! Despite them saying they use the EE network their coverage is horrendous!

No i know what your saying, i never would take their mobile phone, if it wasnt for their broadband being so good, i would have switched to another provider that did not insist on the phone line.

Theres still a few good tv stations that we get and we have the v6 box and the 200mb internet, just wish they would scrap the phone line, but they wont do it, unless we take a mobile phone from them.
I was going to cancel the phone but they then gave it to me with broadband for less than broadband on it's own. once that 'discount' expires I will then be cancelling the phone, you can have bb alone

We tried to go with the tv package and broadband, but they just wouldnt do it without the phone, maybe give them another call this week, the last time we asked them, they ended up giving us free sky sports sd for 12 weeks, that was back in march, so at least we got something out of them.

Sorry if this sounds rude but how much do you pay for just the broadband and phone line?
mines £34 per month for phone and 100meg broadband but i have a £9 discount on my account

you can have broadband with them without phone but it costs more

Sorry if this sounds rude but how much do you pay for just the broadband and phone line?

I told them to take everything, i don't want anything from them and quoted a few prices for Talktalk etc for just BB.
They said, well your usage is extremely low, you don't use much data etc, we can put you on the 20 for 20 tarrif
20mb BB capped at 20gb for £25 inc phone

I don't download or stream anything so it's 10 times more than what I need, if you're online gaming and streaming movies all the time it might not suit you but worth a shot

This was about 3 years ago, my bill has slowly crept up to £26 and pennies but i can manage with that :grin:

Gonna see if i can get a better deal without the phone, have to get the mrs to do it as the account is in her name, i download the odd movie to the hdd connected to the zgemma now and then but no online gamers in the house.

Best deal i got was vivid 350 broadband and talk anytime phone package for £42 a month but that includes a £9 monthly loyalty bonus etc.
Best bit of advice i would give is always ring for a deal first thing in a morning and even better bargaining power is when your contract is up for renewal and always ask to be put through to the retentions department when negotiating a new deal :(y)::(y):

Good thing is for us we are not in a contract with VM, but the thing is they do have the best broadband service out there at the minute, our bill this month is £48, for tv channels, no sports or movies but we do have sky1 and living in sd and the premier sports is there for free, but only until september i think, i have all these channels in hd on my cable sub, but the wife does not know how to work the zgemma box, so thats why i keep the tv package, it just annoys me that i pay them for a landline and i dont even have a phone connected.

Back