Cannot backup settings

Gazz1e

I'd like to update my zgemma to the latest Woosh Build. Last time I upgraded none of my settings successfully backed up, so it was a pain restoring everything. This time I'm making sure I have a valid backup. I've tried three different USB sticks with formatted as FAT32 or ext4, and I get the same error. "tar: write error: Broken pipe". Also tried front and back USB sockets.

What idiot mistake am I making?

1_0_1_197B_7E6_2_11A0000_0_0_0.jpg

Why not just back your settings up to the hard drive, the drive is left intact when flashing so the back up file will still be there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't the drive require a .txt file named backup.txt or something similar before a full backup can be made to that drive?

Ta for the help. Think the txt file is if you want to do a full backup. Found what I was doing wrong, the default location to backup settings was wrong. I had to dig into a setting and adjust it to use the USB pen drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi I know this is an old thread but how did you manage to sort this? I am trying to do a backup and getting the same error! Thanks

Sometimes when in using a new image settings restore might not work as so many things are changing,always best if using sat or cable to have a copy of mg_cfg and newcamd list or Cccam on pc/laptop for sending back.
As said above usb or hdd needs to have the correct path to make a back up and i presume usb would need to be blank/no recordings?

Where on the box can you change the setting for this back up as I am getting the above broken pipe error and so cannot make or restore backups
please advise the location and how to get to it via menu settings etc

Back