Cannot find or use mgcam 1.38

as inbed says mate there should be the only 2 files in there
and in softcams there should be mgcamd 1.38

set all atrubuttes to eithere 644 or 744

OK, removed the contents of the usr/keys folder and re-copied my two files newcamd.list and mg_cfg, I did have mg_cfg.dat, but I still have the same as my screen shot with no ecm info.

I have restarted mgcam and restarted box, to no avail.

I must be doing something wrong, or missing something. This is now really frustrating.

Do really appricate all the help though.

Was it the mg_cfg and newcamd.list you downloaded earlier because they work best as a pair

They were what I was sent to test the service. They have also checked the server but can't see me at all.

Can I uninstall mgcam to then re-install again?? Even if there is no point, is there a way?

I have done file perms to 744.

In my usr/keys folder, there is also a shortcut to keys which if I delete it it comes back, is this normal?

usr/keys or var/keys ? with that said, either or makes no difference.

There just different paths to the same locations don't be deleting them though that could mess up your box try the ones that you posted earlier

Right, I think I have broken something so I have just re-flashed with the clean OpenATV 5.1 image which was how I started this morning.

Just started the guide again. This time I will install the TS Panel IPK and then mgcam 1.38 and try my keys.

Keep your fingers crossed.

OK so that didn't work. This is exactly what I have done.

1 Clean install of OpenATV 5.1 Image - latest build dated 10 Dec 2015
2. Gone through the Wizard, language, display, tuned both tuners, changed Screen position a bit
3. Initialised HDD and Created Swap file

4. Installed Plugins
FlashExpander and setup to use external HDD
Cacheflush and configured to do a silent flush every 15 minutes - also did a clean now
EPG data importer - xmltvimport and xmltvimport-rytec and completed that.
Autobouquetsmaker - done that and go all my sly channels and FTA
FTPd Slyk Skin IPK
FTPd TS Panel IPK

Enabled new Skin - Rebooted box.

5. Went to TS Panel
Went to Soft Cams Icon
Pressed Blue button to install and installed mgcamd 1.38
FTPd my keys across to a now populated user/keys folder. This folder was empty before I installed mgcamd, but now contains: priority.list, replace.list, SoftCam.Key and the two files I just copied mg_cfg and newcamd.list.
Pressed green button to stop / restart Mgcamd - This was stopped before this point.
And still I get the "No ecm info" message in the middle of the screen

Backed up the extra 3 files and removed them from the usr/keys folder to leave just my mg_cfg and newcamd.list files. Green button again, no change. Restarted box no change.

I am stumped. So tomorrow I will backup my image and try a pre-built image and see if that makes sense adding my keys.

Thanks for all of your help people tonight.

If your using the OpenATV 5.1 image there is no need to install TSpanel for the cams just install the softcamfeedmispel.ipk this will give you access to all the Cams from the plugin download section, included below is the softcam.ipk and a working set of Mgcamd files just add the necessary to the newcamd.list file save and start the cam

Attachments

• softcam-feed-mipsel_1.0_all.zip
    964 bytes · Views: 185
  • mgCam.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 322
If your using the OpenATV 5.1 image there is no need to install TSpanel for the cams just install the softcamfeedmispel.ipk this will give you access to all the Cams from the plugin download section, included below is the softcam.ipk and a working set of Mgcamd files just add the necessary to the newcamd.list file save and start the cam

WE HAVE A WINNER !

FreeUK- I missed your post by about 30 minutes as I went to bed. Which is a real shame as within 2 minutes I had it up and running. Thanks gone to you and others.

Right, clean install time again and a backup I feel is in order.

Last edited:

WE HAVE A WINNER !

FrreUK- I missed your post by about 30 minutes as I went to bed. Which is a real shame as within 2 minutes I had it up and running. Thanks gone to you and others.

Right, clean install time again and a backup I feel is in order.

Well done that member!

Well after a few hours (and maybe a bit of Batman and Starwars on the movie channels) I am fully up and running and creating my nice clean backup.

I have done the bare minimum to have it all working as per kiddac's guide except I used the ipk and mgcamd files posted by FreeUK. I have the Slyk skin and a fully working EPG and timeshift. Keys done and all working.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who held my hand and pointed me in the right directions and those who posted screen shots and files. I know I could have used an image from the word go but where is the fun and learning curve in that?

Right, Image created - time to see if I can break it :-)

Thanks again.

Once your happy with the image and tested for a couple of days without crashing maybe you could upload the first backup for the h.2h

Yes of course I can. One question about that, if I created the image with my line installed, will that get backup up too? If so I can easily remove it and re-create as all I have added to my box is TS Media and upgraded Slyk to include the tabs.

Last edited:
When you get round to doing it replace the line details with CWS = your server details 01 to 14 in newcamd.list so it's their for people to edit

Yea I've done that for my backup for the 2s but also added ccam.cfg on another forum I haven't uploaded to TK because
sucmnsee does the best ones

Hi that would be a great idea for all us amateurs to have a full working image to start with for the new Zgemma boxes, the h2h especially, hopefully you can help Wooshman, it sounds a good setup you have mate to start with. Cheers Bonesy

Back