Can't download epg

djgregg

Hi this is my 1st post so please go easy.

I have a zgemma hs2 . I just added a new usb drive , followed the instructions given by my seller .. I initialized it as instructed .. I also did the swapfile as instructed.. but when I try to download the epg (cross epg ) I get an error "cannot access epg database " .

I had the same problem on the hard drive I changed plus problems accessing the planner this is the reason I put a replacement in.

Can anyone offer any advice please . Thanks in advance .

Connected to Internet yes . Channels are working . Image ? Whoosh v4.o ?
I just rebooted .. and the epg did download .. but still doesn't show . I tried to record a program and I'm getting a message saying HD is full .. but it's not its completely empty .

Whoosh build does not use crossepg as Its a problem on Atv images Not quite sure if he uses Rytec Check with his download and do it as his instructions

---------- Post Merged at 08:47 PM ----------

Also check After Inititalise your usb is mounted from extension 3 to 4

Woosh does use crossepg but its a old version that he has locked to the build so it will never get updated with the non working one

Going to try another hard drive and see what happens .. as i still can record I get a message saying HD is full I presume the epg downloads to the HD? and if it thinks it's full it won't work right ?

---------- Post Merged at 08:51 PM ----------

**can't record ^^

Yea the EPG is stored on the HDD. If its saying its full it may not of initialised correctly for some reason

OK.. so I have tried another usb stick SanDisk 64g . I have initialized it . But did the fileswap tried to change from ext 3 to 4 as instructed above and it fails saying failed to unmount device is busy .
Not sure what the above Does ? Anyway .. tried to download the cross epg seemed to download .. but it's still not showing .. only a few channels have limited details .(All channels work and the info comes up only after you select to view it )

With Atv you have to change from ext 3 to 4 and make sure it's mounted before doing swap file think it's in mount Manager

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

***SORTED ***** Acknowledgment reboot and tried again sorted it .

Is the covert from ext3 to 4 essential? As I still can't do that.. error says device is busy

---------- Post Merged at 10:08 PM ----------

Excuse my ignorance.. what is ATV?

Yes as that mounts your USB for use I use Vix and it automatically mounts drives

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK.. so brilliant .. I have the epg working with the new usb drive ... but . . still have the issue with the planner. When I try access the planner in any way .. via epg button .. file list .. menu timers etc it crashes the system and reboots . This is the issue I had before I replaced the USB.. I thought the problem was my hard drive .. but it seems not . When I press epg it tries to load then I get a blue screen with a big long message saying an error with a error code and to contact openbox (I think) I don't get enough time to read it all . The box then reboots. Any idea what this problem is ?

Sorry cant be anymore help apart from try the support thread for Whoosh build might get you a better answer

Have u tried updating to Wooshbuild 5?
That should sort all ur issues and will set ur usb up too.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Menu >set up > software management

You'll see x amount of updates after a few seconds. Press green to update them all.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Back