cant flash image

hope some one can help i cannot get my zgemma to flash from usb i have tried and tried again low level format and still wont flash just boots up

Have you unzipped the download folder and only placed he zgemma folder on the usb? Also, after you do a low level full format using HDDguru then you need to do a full format with Windows also

OK low level formatted with hdguru then with windows still did not work so i bought another USB stick an integral 16gb and away we go the one that would not work was an 8gb store n go by verbatim

OK low level formatted with hdguru then with windows still did not work so i bought another USB stick an integral 16gb and away we go the one that would not work was an 8gb store n go by verbatim
I had the same issue, no matter what I did I was unable to flash with a certain usb stick, I tried everything and then used another and it worked straight away.

Funny thing is that same usb stick that would not flash is now in the rear doing the epg etc with no problems.

The reason they won't or stop flashing is the mbr on the usb gets messed up. Otherwise the usb works grand. Even when reformatted quick and used on pc. Just wont flash

Remember to FULL not quick format with hddguru, then FULL not quick format with windows. In both cases you have to untick a box to make sure.

With the first USB I did a low level format then full format with windows it still would not flash removed mrb I did this many times I thought it must be to do with the read write speed as the second worked straight away but had a much quicker read write speed

Did u full with hddguru?

Only usb ever died on me completely was cruzer slice. I use kingston always now. But still happens them. Just always recoverable

Did u full with hddguru?

Only usb ever died on me completely was cruzer slice. I use kingston always now. But still happens them. Just always recoverable

yes did full format with hddguru would not flash works for everything else though works for recording and time shift just not flash

I've had the exact same issue. Downloaded a low level format, unticked the box. Done a full format, then full windows format. Still no joy, been banging my head against the wall. Can't get my nline to work either. Must be doing something wrong

USB flashed one box fine but yet another box wont flash with same USB ? I wonder are the USB ports temperamental? Prob going to end up with a few USB's with the Zgemma folder on them and just flick through them

When flashing the box, power off the box As Soon as it changes from FLSH to Boot.

This prevents the box fking up the mbr on the usb. If box continues to boot you will have to llformat and windows format. Both Full.

Some usbs will not recover. Most will. I find kingston best. Imho

Anyone stuck with lines pm ur teamviewer code and pass and someone will have a look for you

Last edited:
cheers sucmnsee, using your image and it working a treat. I actually just replied on another thread, 1 gb usb full of other junk, just pasted zgemma folder onto it and flashed first time. Owe you a few beer tokens fella

I have had the same problems with trying to Flash from USB. The way i have found is to hold the power button on the remote and click restart - this is with the USB in place. When the box boots up it then seems to flash for me. Hope this helps

I've not tried this Gaz84 but trying to install mtpockets openatv but just says boot and the box then goes straight to loading channels. So Maybe need a 8GB usb as i read they are more stable for this. But I have a Kingston Data Traveler 32GB. the very first time i tried 2 other firmwares and all didnt flash.. I have no idea why. Do you think there is a problem with the firmware as its only booting from most peoples 8GB USB's? Just done a Low Level Format and now on a windows 10 64bit maybe it's windows 10? but no one else has said what OS they are formatting with.

I bought a sandisk cruzer 4gb from 7dayshop.com for £2.99, worked first time so I recommend these, and for the price you can't go wrong!

Nothing to do with the images. Happens on raw images as well. Its a glitch with the boxs feking up the usb.
Most usb can be fixed as described. Some cant.
Up to 32 gb usb stick should be fine.
Cheap usbs and unbranded are worst.
By opinion kingston and cruzer best.

If described doesnt fix ur usb grt another one. Only fix.

When flashing box. At about four minutes, thr front display will change from FLSH to Boot. As soon as it does turn off the box.
If you dont this WILL happen that usb too.

My toshiba 8gb was able to flash ok.

I didn't turn it off like sucmncee is saying, but i did follow the guide and initialised it as a drive ok.

I managed to get mine to flash after about 2hours of formatting but it did flash. had to do a LowLevel format. The a windows Fat32 format

Back