Can't flash openatv via usb

r0b

Hi

I got my h9s today which came with openatv 6.1 and ipab on. I want to flash the box to 6.2 and put wooshbuild on there.

I have formatted both an 8GB and 16GB usb stick in fat32, created a folder called zgemma and put that in to the root. I have then downloaded the latest openatv nightly and extracted the zip file. Put the folder named h9 in to the zgemma folder, put the usb key in to the back of the h9s, held down the reset button and powered it on. Nothing happens what so ever. It is just a blank screen.

Can anyone tell me where I could be going wrong? Is there a way to flash openatv from with in the gui?

Many thanks

there is a file called "noforce" change it to "force" and try that
you wont need to press the power button

if that doesnt work
you could have the wrong firmware
or your usb isnt setup right

on standard atv you can go to
(not sure what ipab has changed like any builds)

menu
setup
software mangement
flash online
online (green)
pick the image
green to flash

Hi silver

Thanks so much for the reply. I have tried changing the file to force. What do you mean about not needing the power button?

Also unfortunately software management, flash online menu isn't there.

Cheers

I could be wrong but if you unzip the downloaded openatv 6.2 on your pc and then open the folder it contains which will have the same long name as the zip file you should see a folder called h9 and a futher 2 files, one called bootargs.bin and another called fastboot.bin. The folder called h9 and its contents plus the two seperate bin files then get copied directly to your newly formatted usb no need for any zgemma folder. There is a flashing guide on the forum somewhere for the h9s

This is what I wrote on the infinity support thread....

This is only what I have read as I havent got one but im sure someone will be along to help out should it be wrong

Copy the entire contents of the zip file onto your USB stick (there is no zgemma folder like the h2s)
Switch the box on and hold the reset button for 5 seconds and then release. The display should turn red to show its flashing apparently. When flashed the box will automatically restart

Oh the h9 changed the setup?
Very good

H7 is the same as the older method
Well it’s getting old now

I think it is just some of the zgemma newer range which need a slightly different approach siilver, don't know why they had to over complicate things as your methods work fine on all my receivers and is the same as I have always used. I wonder if the ipab build removes the flash online/local option from the software menu but having never used that build couldn't swear to it.

Il have to download some firmware just to see what she is like

Yea press blue in the menu where it should be
See if it’s there
Highlight it and press yellow on it
Then press blue again

Thank you so much for the support :)

I've finally managed to flash the box. I did a low level format using hddguru and did a full fat32 format in windows. Put the h9 folder and 2 other files to the root of the usb as you guys said worked first time. Yay!

I've subsequently flashed the box 3 times (still learning the basics) and installed wooshbuild and all is good. Really liking the h9s experience!

Thanks so much again!

Back