Car insurance

Right after having a VERY STRESSFUL DAY online and on the phone trying to sort out insurance i have managed to get a daily insurance for upto 28 days - which now means im covered to pick the car up and drive it home and have it insured on the drive whilst we sort out paperwork etc. Cant tax it until i have the log book in our name as tax has run out.

I have used a company called insuredaily .co.uk and paid a total of £166 for 28 days car insurance - only downfall is you HAVE to be over either 21 or 25
At least i have peace of mind that whilst its on the drive its got some sort of insurance, hopefully by 28 days my son will have passed his test and we can go from there. BUT its a start.
The policy i have taken out is a drive away policy which covers you for the sole purpose of driving away a car you have purchased that is not yet in your name and gives you the 28 days to get paperwork sent to dvla so you can get it taxed and log book in your name and address

if your fully comp on your exsisting car linny you should beable to drive any car and be covered for a new car.

if your fully comp on your exsisting car linny you should beable to drive any car and be covered for a new car.

that's what i was thinking as well.. Good Luck to your son though on passing his car test, I've got my car today, well bought it, waiting for it to be delivered, got a quote from £900-£1,100 no more though. im happy with it. now its just trying to find a part time job, been looking but no luck yet :(

cheers guys. Yh i would have bene insured on our ins to drive it home, BUT it needed to be insured whilst its on the drive - just incase any nasty so n so tried to pinch it. If it had no insurance on it and it got nicked - id have had no come back.
Guy offered to leave it in his lock up until we got ins sorted lol but George was having none of that . Hes now been sitting it it sorting out the radio and just generally getting a feel for it - oh and reversing it up n down drive lol!

j4v3d - who did you get your ins with in the end??

Congrats on you also getting your car. as for pt job - good luck its hard

hily crap, am i glad that i am not young any more. €310 this year fully comp, and i thought i was being ripped off lol

it has it's advantages, though it won't stop me being a grumpy old man lol

victormeldrew0410_468x493.jpg

cheers guys. Yh i would have bene insured on our ins to drive it home, BUT it needed to be insured whilst its on the drive - just incase any nasty so n so tried to pinch it. If it had no insurance on it and it got nicked - id have had no come back.
Guy offered to leave it in his lock up until we got ins sorted lol but George was having none of that . Hes now been sitting it it sorting out the radio and just generally getting a feel for it - oh and reversing it up n down drive lol!

j4v3d - who did you get your ins with in the end??

Congrats on you also getting your car. as for pt job - good luck its hard

the guy just said when you are ready to insure it on December 1st 2010 give me a ring, will sort payment out then within 5 days i will get insurance documents, all legit, nothing dodgy, he was recommended to me via my driving instructor, will let you know though who my insurance company is

Well now ive got some sort of insurance im going to see if i can tax it today as its not been taxed since 09. Just want it all legal.But will be glad once we get log book back and i know its all legal legit and in our name. Once its taxed i can then go and put petrol in it as its totally empty.

if the blokes kept it in a lock up linny sounds like he had it on sworn thats why no tax since 09.

if the blokes kept it in a lock up linny sounds like he had it on sworn thats why no tax since 09.

dont think its been SORN as the log book was all in tact - and think you have to send summit off. Think he did use it a few times with no tax but was lucky! looked at all MOT's and its only done a few miles since he said he bought it. So he had no tax or ins on it but was driving it locally - probably late when old bill gone to bed lol! I suppose i could look on the dvla to see if it has been SORN

it can be done on line linny but if it was in a lock up maybe he did`nt bother as traffic wardens could`nt see it, that reminds me better put my tax disk in as it has just arrived by post.

Cant do it online as its not registered in our name yet so got to go to a post office with the piece of paper to says we now own it that sells car tax lol and the ones nearest me dont do it - pain in the bum lol!

yes i do mine on line and have done for a few yrs, it only takes a few mins and its all sorted and arrives in post after a few days.

will this website not help you?

DVLA Vehicle Licensing Online
na you cant tax it online unless you have the new log book in your name, and as i dont have the log book just part 10 to say we are new owners i had to go to PO
But sorted now went to get 6 months tax (£85) so its insured n taxed - now needs petrol as its on the orange lol! hope it gets me the few 100 yards to petrol station lol!

na you cant tax it online unless you have the new log book in your name, and as i dont have the log book just part 10 to say we are new owners i had to go to PO
But sorted now went to get 6 months tax (£85) so its insured n taxed - now needs petrol as its on the orange lol! hope it gets me the few 100 yards to petrol station lol!

im sure it will linny40 :cheesy grin:

oh it did lol BUT daft son - showing off with his mates kept sitting in car with engine on but not running playing with lights, air con radio etc . Now remember b4 we bought car it was sitting in a garage for a while.

Yup you guessed it battery is flat LOL! but its at the other end of the drive and driven on so bonnet it by garage doors, so now need to ask next door to move his car so we can move a car next to it to jump start it. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Back