Car insurance

never heard of them, plus they dont seem to give you any info other than that you car has to be less than 7 yrs old and as we are in almost 2011 car needs to be a 03 at the oldest.
That is NOT car insurance but an insurance for your shortfall from what i have just reread so no its no good and will not cover you for car insurance on your vehicle. Id suggest you read the keyfacts etc before you purchase something you are unsure about.
Sounds like if your car is worth say £10,000 and you have an accident and its gonna cost say £8,000 the will pay the difference But you have to pay then like £60 per month for £5 yrs - so sounds more like some sort of con in my eyes,

there is no hope for new drivers, im not going to go on parents policy due to personal reasons that cant be discussed here.. what a bad time in passing my driving.

oh dear, ah well you got a licence thats the main thing, maybe next year insurance might go down! good luck with looking and if you do find anything that you can afford let us know!

im going to be 22 next month on the 27th January, maybe it will be cheaper, but i dont think it will be.

depends on how much its going to cost - i found for 1 month it was rather expensive -cost me £166 for just 1 month

mine was higher than that, im still waiting for youngmarmalade to get back to me, they are the cheapest for my area £2,300 fully comp but cant drive from 11pm-5am restrictions on policy

no wonder so many young people don`t bother with insurance, thats taking the piss at that ptice jv.

no wonder so many young people don`t bother with insurance, thats taking the piss at that ptice jv.

im just going to sell my car make a large profit on it, then go as a second driver with someone and not drive for one year, then have a go next year, this has really put me off from driving or having my own car, plus the petrol is just going up, rather just tough it out by foot, bicycle, will ensure i shed a few pounds lol

no need for MOT road tax, insurance on a bicycle. :)

mine was higher than that, im still waiting for youngmarmalade to get back to me, they are the cheapest for my area £2,300 fully comp but cant drive from 11pm-5am restrictions on policy
i tried with iqube/icube ( part of quinn ins) and they quoted me over 6k with restrictions and they put a tracker on your car. If you drive/move the car between 11pm-5am they sting you big time. That outrageous. £2300 and you cant move the car between 11pm.5am oh and they also wanted to charge me £250 to put the stupid thing on my car - so told them to FOFF!!!
did you not get a good quote from the co-op??

i did linny but that was me as first driver, parents want me to be on my own policy, dad just said sell car, and go with someone as 2nd driver and dont drive for one year.

i did linny but that was me as first driver, parents want me to be on my own policy, dad just said sell car, and go with someone as 2nd driver and dont drive for one year.

mm seems a bit unfair to me to expect you to sell car and not drive for a yr, your 1st yr is going to be expensive whether you do it now or next yr - its not how long you have had a licence is how long you have been using it. So even if you leave it say 2 yrs before you drive your 1st years insurance is still going to be high! but its got to be what your happy with.

You cant just go on anyones policy plus if you start as a 2nd driver on say a friends policy and you dont actually use it a) you gotta pay for it and b) they can have an accident or something and say they are you- so Not sensible in my book. Hubby wont drive my sons car coz he is only insured 3rd party and if he has an accident whether his fault or not we wont be covered for full comp. So why pay for someone elses insurance when you cant use it, its still going to be expensive even as a 2nd driver and im sure you friend/family member is not going to want to pay insurance for you, especially if you dont intend on driving. If your gonna do that you might as well pay me and go on my insurance - stupid idea!!!!
Sounds like best thing to do is go into an insurance brokers and speak to them, see if they can help you as they will want your business rather than an online company, its cant hurt.
Unfortunately insurance like everything else has gone up this year - and we only a week into it :(

im going to go on my brother in law policy, when i try next year, i can say ive drove for one year on this following vehicle with no accidents, he is a safe driver, touch wood he doesnt have an accident, it will be much cheaper than £3,500+ i am getting quoted, plus i'll be older then, around 23.

so how much will it be on your brother in laws policy for you as a 2nd driver? and will you have to pay the insurance? If so then thats still a raw deal
Plus remember HE may be a safe driver BUT its the other idiots on the road you have to worry about. My car has been damaged 3 times and its been parked! So no matter how safe a driver i am if i claim on the insurance for other people damaging my car it STILL goes against me on my insurance record! It doesnt have to be your fault and you dont have to be in the car, if you make a claim no matter whos fault it still goes against you and the insurance the following year will go up. Just bear that in mind!

i understand linny, ive thought about this for the past few months, not taking this decision easily, im going to have to find out, it should be under £1500, i will pay my half for it. he already got his insurance done, will have to speak to him and see what he says about it

mm still seems that you will be out of pocket and not driving and for that much money well id want to be able to drive the car at least! If hes got his insurance and its gonna cost £1500 for you to go on it then thats how much he will expect you to pay if hes already paid for his.
At the end of the day you have got to go with what you feel is right - we can only try to help you out and advise you but you have to make the choice thats right for you.

Good luck!!!
my son has only has his licence about 5-6 weeks and hardly driven due to snow etc but he is happy to just to to his g/f's and back for now, he has a free bus pass until september. But then i paid for our insurance due to him still being at school. Him like all his freinds are insured under their mothers name as a 2nd driver. Once they are 19 they have been told ins will go down, but we will wait n see

make sure your bro in law has a policy that helps you require no claims bonus jc, that will help with the cost for next year.

make sure your bro in law has a policy that helps you require no claims bonus jc, that will help with the cost for next year.

he is with vauxhall insurance company, the only two i know who does that is admiral and co-op

having the same with the misses, iv got 75% no claims and she`s a named driver but even though she has been driving my car for 5 years without a prang she gets jack shit. and im with th co op.

Back