Certain channels only display on Tuner B

dee pee

This is driving me nuts as it makes no sense.

Wooshbuild 4.0.0.2. No line in use. Just using box for FTA channels with dual LNB. For the most part everything works fine and I can record 2 channels at the same time.

However certain channels such as Challenge, Pick, The Box, Kiss, Magic (quite a few others) have 0% signal and show a blank screen.

If I go to Signal finder - I see the following.

IMG_0743.jpg

IMG_0742.jpg

You can see that TUNER A has no signal but TUNER B has a signal. If I configure tuner A to either loop or pass thru to B, then I get a picture on the problem channels.

Now If I swap the cables round on the back of the box I get exactly the same which proves it is not my cabling or dish configuration. It is the TUNERS in the box.

I've played around with the cables in different positions in the back of the box. Currently have one in the top and one in the bottom right. (originally started with both in the bottom ports but behaves exactly the same).

My question : why can TUNER A not pick up certain channels? Is this by design as they are SKY channels? Or is there something else going on here?

thanks

Last edited:
There was an issue with tuner drivers earlier in the year. If you upgrade to Woosh 5 it will probably be alright.

That's odd as the tuner driver issue was with tuner b and none of the channels you mentioned
As willo said a upgrade to woosh v5 might solve the issue so if you can try that and report back it would be great :)

OK, I've just re-flashed to woosh v5.00.3. I'm based in Berkshire so set my region to London Thames Valley. Ran the E2 scan from config. Challenge TV still shows a blank screen. Signal finder for Challenge TV shows

Tuner A : SNR = 0 AGC = 0
Tuner B : SNR = 77% AGC = 36%

The only way I watch these programmes is if I record bbc 1 which will use up Tuner A, then I can watch these problematic channels on Tuner B.

Interestingly if I look at signal Finder for BBC1 HD it shows.

Tuner A : SNR = 95% AGC = 99%
Tuner B : SNR = 96% AGC = 36%

What should I try next?

before i start pointing the finger at hardware or satellite, I'd like to rule out software. What image should I use to take the box back to factory shipped? Where do I get it from?

Zgemmas stock image is ATV based(as is Woosh). It's on their website. Zgemma.tv. Mind look for your model

happens to my alien2 on pkteam image hyperion only a select amount og channels appear on second tuner

When was the last time you did a bouquet scan? Which bouquet plugin do you use?

Last edited:
Hi dungeon. I've done many bouquet scans. Tried the Freeview and Sky bouquet - same result. Works fine on one tuner but not the other. Both tuners are tuned into identical transponder setting as you can see from screen shots above. Need some low level debug.

Reflashed back to the stock ATV and also played around with the Willo VIX build. Exactly same issue. Will contact the supplier and see what they say. Thanks.

This is a weird one
Just looked and those channels are not even all on the same transponder.

The only thing I can think of, is that these stations have a weaker signal and the one tuner is a lot less sensitive than the other (faulty). Might see If I can pop box round to someone elses house to test on their dish.

Good news. I sent my box back to zgemma.co.uk they tested and confirmed the issue. Received the replacement yesterday which works perfectly. I can get all channels on both tuners - exactly the same image used. It was a hardware issue after all.

great customer service from zgemma.co.uk - recommended.

before you send it back check the following. Do you have good signal quality? i.e over 90% on bbc channels.

Make sure sat feeds plugged into top left and bottom right (back of the box).

View the problematic channel - note which tuner is used. Then go and disable this tuner in the configuration. Retry. Then repeat with the other tuner. Then repeat again with the feeds swapped other way round in back of box.

Yeah I get 99% on Tuner A and 99 - 100% on Tuner B on BBC

Tried that. One tuner disabled one cable in Tuner A full scan comes in fine. Take cable out and throw in second one. Full channel list comes in again.

Do the same with a Tuner B and only get half or less of the full channel list. This is the same with both cables.

Doing my tits in :-)

speak to supplier. I found them very helpful, professional and efficient.

---------- Post Merged at 12:37 AM ----------

that said - looking at your other posts. You say box was already replaced and it was working then it stopped - that sounds odd.

Back