Changing Poor resolution on new et8500 openvix install?

Pennri

Help pls..

I've just setup my X trend et8500 today. It's a 2x sat 1x c/t2 combo running the latest version of openvix. I've set it up as per bees enigma 2 guide and all seems to be running okay and the epg is finally populating. However the sd channels are being displayed in 576 resolution rather than 720 / 1080.
I always had at least 720p or more when using my sky + box so the signal must be good enough. It's there a setting on the X trend / in openvix to improve the resolution as current,t the picture ain't great on my 48" Panasonic tv.

I would like to get the resolution issue sorted before adding skins etc..

thanks

Yes. Been in set resolution to auto but most channels still on 576 res. Is there a way I can make any changes to reset / force the res to min 720p?

Just done a quick Google:

Sky Sports and Sky news are the exceptions, every other channel broadcast by sky themselves is 544x576 3/4 of the proper SD resolution ( 704x576 or 720x576)

Thanks willo but I'm getting 576 res on all channels both fta and sky Sd. Is this something I can change do you think?

I'm getting 1080 on Fta hd channels

I must admit, I don't know.
If Sly are only broadcasting in 576 then there's nothing you can do about that.
I would imagine they're trying to get people to switch to a HD box.

Ok thanks for you help. I must admit I'm a it disappointed that the sd res is so low. Is your box also showing 576 res on fta sd and sly sd channels?

mines set up like this

Automatic resolution - disabled
Mode - 1080i
refresh rate - 50hz
display 4:3 content - just scale
display 16:9 content - just scale

I've got mine set to 1080p
Can't see any difference between 1080i and 1080p
Can anyone shed any light on this?

Back