Changing 'Timer and Autotimer' to 'Record and Record Series'

This is all part of Kiddacs wonderful :brown nose: Slyk skin. Go here :here: :download: download his latest skin and the extras folder and all the instructions are there.

XSONY_NGUX - your inbox is full.

XSONY_NGUX said:
Is it possible you could send me a sky skin you edited because i really like the one where you changed the slyk1 (credits go to kiddacks) which you made it appear as 'sky' in blue in the top left corner.

i really want mine like that but i dont know how and i have a h2h so please help me

It's part of the Slyk1 skin, not something I have done.
There is a file called extras.xml in Kiddacs dropbox that you edit and copy to \usr\share\enigma2\slyk-1-hd

Do i have to upload the EPGSelection.py to edit the extras.xml?

Does this mod work with the slyk v5 skin as I seem to crash my h2s when trying ?

answered in another post, yes and sorted.

Last edited:
Guys, I'm a total novice here but I thought I was doing well as I'd successfully added in a few mods but I've added one too many, I've added this mod and now my Zgemma is stuck in a loop and crashing, it's stopping at 93 and mentions EpgSelection.pyo, EventView.pyo and InfoBarGenerics.pyo on the screen which I added to the folders mentioned in the ReadMe.txt, is there any way of accessing this and fixing it or am I going to need to start from the beginning again?

you should be able to ftp the default ones back again. Did you save them or delete them?

Edit: I'm not sure why it's boot looping cos Wooshbuild uses this mod.

Last edited:
Did you save or delete the originals and can you ftp?
You should be able to ftp to the box even whilst it is bootlooping.

Have you made a full image backup lately - if so restore that.
I can probably sort out the original files if I do some digging. Are you on OpenATV or Vix?

I don't have the originals unfortunately, I'm at work now on night shift but should be free to talk regardless but can't try anything until I get home tomorrow. I was unaware I could ftp to the box whilst it was bootlooping I just assumed I was screwed and I'm Vix.

Thanks for the help, it's greatly appreciated.

I've found a folder called Vix Record Series Mod. I don't know why I would have it separate from ATV cos I thought they were just standard E2 pyo files that worked on anything.
Here's a link to the zip for you to try and ftp them across :download6:
Any problems PM me. I'm home after 2pm so I'm sure we can get it sorted.

I'm running the latest Wooshbuild 4.04 Alpha with Kiddac's Slyk1HD 4.03.
I've changed the 'Timer and Autotimer' to 'Record and Record Series' so that my missus can work it.

It's nothing technical, just a matter of find and replace in the epgselection.py file (The one from Kiddac's extras folder).
If anyone wants to try it I've put a link below from my NAS with instructions.
No programming has been altered, just the text labels.
I've got it on 3 boxes and not had a problem anyway.

Download Link

View attachment 17938View attachment 17939
Is it possible to add the epgselection.py file on a link please so I can change the timer for record as the link is empty?

There's actually four files that need to be edited to do it properly.
What image and version are you running?

Just use the epgselection.py file from kiddacs Dropbox account use note pad++ or xml wrench and use the search function for timer and rename all to Record or whatever you want then do the same for Autotimer

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

As dsayers said, use kiddacs dropbox epgselectiion.py and use notepad ++ find and replace.
Change Add Autotimer to Record Series (or whatever) and Add Timer to Record.

To make a proper job of it you will also need to do the same with eventview.py, infobargenerics.py and epgsearch.py.
You'll need to decompile the pyo's with easy python decompiler.

If you really want to go to town you'll need to edit Change Timer, Delete Timer and Edit Timer.

I don't really use ATV but I have pre done ones for ATV 6.0 and at a push I might be able to dig out the ones for 5.3 if anyone wants them.

Back