Channel numbers in BioHeads OpenATV EPG

gav28uk

Hi Dslayers, just moving on from BioHeads image thread. I am trying to get channel numbers to appear within the EPG on BioHeads OpenATV image.

I have taken previous posts as a guide and used your sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml file, renamed it to cable_uk_virgin_CustomMix.xml and FTP'd it to
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom. I then rescanned and that allowed channel numbers to appear within the EPG (albeit I lost the picons but can sort those out later as well).

The only downside is that the EPG isn't showing the correct channel numbers. So for example, within the EPG BBC ONE HD is shown as channel 108, however it is really channel 101, I need to enter "101" on the remote to get to BBC One HD. BBC TWO HD is shown as channel 162, when it is accessed via 102.

Any thoughts on how I can correct that? I am guessing I could update the XML file to use the different channel number, rather than str(services[section_identifier]["video"][service]["number"] ? But not sure what element I need to be referencing.

I'll keep looking/searching but any help would be gratefully received. For certain I am learning loads! :-)

cheers

---------- Post Merged at 12:12 PM ----------

This is the XML, just for your reference so you can see it is the same :-)

<custommix>
<hacks>
<=!=[=C=D=A=T=A=[

for service in sorted(services[section_identifier]["video"].keys()):
if service in range(1,1000):
if "interactive_name" in services[section_identifier]["video"][service]:
services[section_identifier]["video"][service]["interactive_name"] = str(services[section_identifier]["video"][service]["number"]) + " " + services[section_identifier]["video"][service]["interactive_name"]
else:
services[section_identifier]["video"][service]["interactive_name"] = str(services[section_identifier]["video"][service]["number"]) + " " + services[section_identifier]["video"][service]["service_name"]

]=]=>

</hacks>
</custommix>

Last edited:
For the benefit of others I have managed to get the correct channel numbers to now appear within the EPG. I had to modify the /providers/cable_uk_virgin.xml file, which contained the following channel swapping section within it:-

<swapchannels>
<channel number="101" with="108" /><!-- BBC ONE HD -->
<channel number="102" with="162" /><!-- BBC TWO HD -->
<channel number="103" with="113" /><!-- ITV HD -->
<channel number="104" with="141" /><!-- Channel 4HD -->
<channel number="105" with="150" /><!-- Channel 5 HD -->
<channel number="107" with="163" /><!-- BBC FOUR HD -->
<channel number="115" with="176" /><!-- ITV2 HD -->
<channel number="117" with="177" /><!-- ITV3 HD -->
<channel number="118" with="178" /><!-- ITV4 HD -->
<channel number="119" with="179" /><!-- ITVBe HD -->
<channel number="122" with="206" /><!-- Sky Arts HD -->
<channel number="125" with="191" /><!-- W HD -->
<channel number="126" with="200" /><!-- alibi HD -->
<channel number="127" with="194" /><!-- Dave HD -->
<channel number="130" with="200" /><!-- alibi HD -->
<channel number="132" with="181" /><!-- Comedy Central HD -->
<channel number="134" with="183" /><!-- MTV HD -->
<channel number="135" with="165" /><!-- Syfy HD -->
<channel number="137" with="164" /><!-- Universal HD -->
<channel number="143" with="203" /><!-- 4Seven HD -->
<channel number="147" with="195" /><!-- More 4 HD -->
<channel number="157" with="199" /><!-- Fox HD -->
<channel number="247" with="249" /><!-- Eden HD -->
<channel number="266" with="268" /><!-- Nat Geo HD -->
<channel number="401" with="431" /><!-- Sky Premiere HD -->
<channel number="403" with="433" /><!-- Sky Showcase HD -->
<channel number="404" with="434" /><!-- Sky Oscars HD -->
<channel number="405" with="435" /><!-- Sky Disney HD -->
<channel number="406" with="436" /><!-- Sky Family HD -->
<channel number="407" with="437" /><!-- Sky Action HD -->
<channel number="408" with="438" /><!-- Sky Comedy HD -->
<channel number="409" with="439" /><!-- Sky Thriller HD -->
<channel number="410" with="440" /><!-- Sky Drama Rom HD -->
<channel number="411" with="441" /><!-- Sky SciFi Hor HD -->
<channel number="412" with="442" /><!-- Sky Select HD -->
<channel number="601" with="604" /><!-- BBC News HD -->
<channel number="701" with="710" /><!-- CBBC HD -->
<channel number="702" with="711" /><!-- CBeebies HD -->
<channel number="704" with="732" /><!-- CN HD -->
<channel number="712" with="714" /><!-- Nick HD -->
</swapchannels>

I took a copy of the file for safe keeping and then simply removed the data within </swapchannels> section:-

<!-- swapchannels only applies to the main bouquet -->
<swapchannels>
</swapchannels>
<servicehacks>

I then rescanned within ABM and restarted GUI and bobs your uncle :-) By making that change yes it means the HD channels are no longer swapped out from their SD channel equivalents, but I can live with that :-)

Can you try changing channel swap to no in autobouqetesmarker?

Yeah I tried to look for that, but that option doesn't exist within the config section for ABM, well not on BioHeads image anyway. I think what I did by stripping out the code from the XML file has achieved the same thing :-)

---------- Post Merged at 01:36 PM ----------

Why didn't you just turn channel swap to no in providers?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Ah providers, rather than ABM, doh, my bad I like to make things difficult for myself, still I've learnt a lot :-)

I now need to sort out the picons.

---------- Post Merged at 01:44 PM ----------

For the benefit of others, this is the easier approach. So, I roll-backed my change to the /providers/cable_uk_virgin.xml file so the original file was in place! I then modified the Setup > Service Searching > ABM > Providers > UK Virgin swap Channels to "no". Then re-ran scan and the EPG remained correct, with the correct channel numbers.

Try this one
Code:
<custommix>
	<hacks>
<![CDATA[

for number in customised["video"].keys():
	customised["video"][number]["number"] = number

# swap channel numbers. Only swaps number. Channel swap is still done in bouquetwriter.py
if providerConfig.isSwapChannels() and "swapchannels" in providers[section_identifier] and len(providers[section_identifier]["swapchannels"]) > 0 and "preferred_order" in providers[section_identifier]["swapchannels"][0]:
	for swaprule in providers[section_identifier]["swapchannels"][0]["preferred_order"]:
		if swaprule[0] in services[section_identifier]["video"] and swaprule[1] in services[section_identifier]["video"] and services[section_identifier]["video"][swaprule[1]]["service_type"] >= 17:
			customised["video"][swaprule[0]]["number"] = swaprule[1]
			customised["video"][swaprule[1]]["number"] = swaprule[0]

for service in sorted(customised["video"].keys()):
    if service in range(1,1000):
        if "interactive_name" in customised["video"][service]:
            customised["video"][service]["interactive_name"] = str(customised["video"][service]["number"]) + "  " + customised["video"][service]["interactive_name"]
        else:
            customised["video"][service]["interactive_name"] = str(customised["video"][service]["number"]) + "  " + customised["video"][service]["service_name"]

]]>

</hacks>
</custommix>

With channel swap to yes.

I'll show you how to add channel numbers with python because the custom.xml breaks snp picons so only srp picons can be used but vm doesn't use srp picons

Last edited:
OK, so I replaced the CustomMix.xml with your version above. Set channel swap to yes, re-scanned and restarted GUI. EPG is now looking very good, HD channels swapped with SD versions, excellent and channel numbers are correct. I notice the new "channel number '-' service name" convention.

So concerning the picons, am I out of luck with trying to get them back now?

Capture.JPG

Yes unless you rename the picons with channel numbers at the front of the name. Like I said I'll show you how to add channel numbers in python it's a pity openatv rejected my request

OK cool. Yeah I found your request for channel numbers when Googling! :-) OK, ready to modify these picon file names whenever you are :-)

Use the python files just epglist.py and UsageConfig.py they go in usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components save the pyo versions to desktop then reboot box and on epg menu you should be able to change title to channel numbers, picon and service names all being well delete the custommix.xml and rescan autobouqetesmarker

Sorry for the daft question, but these python files you mentioned, epglist.py and UsageConfig.py, where do I get them from? I can see that the .pyo versions already exist in usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components are the files you mention replacement versions?

Just for my learning, I have also tried renaming a few of the picon files, that worked fine. I had to create new symbolic links to the files, ln -s logos/bbconehd.png "101bbconehd.png" but it worked ok, so that's something, just don't fancy doing that for a thousand channels :-)

Warning for openatv 5.3 only do not use this on openatv 6.0

Epglist.py
Code:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/davesayers2014/enigma2/master/lib/python/Components/EpgList.py
Copy all the text and past in Notepad and save as Epglist.py

UsageConfig.py
Code:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/davesayers2014/enigma2/master/lib/python/Components/UsageConfig.py

Copy all the text and past in Notepad and save as UsageConfig.py

Now ftp both epglist.py and UsageConfig.py to usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components and save the pyo versions to desktop reboot box

Last edited:
Well, dsayers you are a genius :-) I pulled down the python files from github, placed them where you said (usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components), renamed the existing .pyo versions to .pyo_old name for safe keeping. Rebooted the box. Removed the cable_uk_virgin_CustomMix.xml file, then re-ran ABM scan.

So now, as you say EPG settings have an option for Service Number, Picon and Service Name. My OpenATV VM EPG now displays channel numbers and picons! Screen shot below:-

Capture.JPG

So after all of that, I'm not sure I want to keep the picons in the EPG, but I have the option to remove them if I chose :-)

Now why won't the official OpenATV release provide this option? Very strange.

Thank you VERY much for your help.

Last edited:
I edited my last post for links can you edit your post to remove the live link please I would rather keep them to members then having none members get the links thanks.

Glad your sorted

Openatv won't commit to github due to a bug but I can't seem to find this so called bug to rectify it.

Lol, well if they won't share that info, it will certainly make finding the bug rather difficult!

Anyway, after all that, decided to turn off picons on the EPG, but because the channel numbers are no longer part of the service name, the picons now work correctly in all other areas :-)

Skin changed and looks the mutts-nutts :-)

Capture.JPG

@dsayers2014 Just picking up from my other thread where you helped out with the channel numbers within the OpenATV EPG....

http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-h-2s/94095-setup-ch-page-channel-up-down-button.html

Ps if you haven't already done an ota update today you can remove the py files for channel numbers on epg because atv have added them on to ota updates.

I've today installed @BioHead 's latest OpenATV image, I downloaded the latest software updates, so definitely running the latest versions of code. Unfortunately this failed to get the channel numbers to appear within the EPG. The EPG setup doesn't appear to allow channel numbers and Service name to be selected as an option. In the end I just reapplied your EpgList.py and UseageConfig.py files to this latest build and all was well again and the EPG channel numbers reappeared :-)

Do you know if your code definitely made it into the product code, or did I miss a setup requirement somewhere?

Back