Channels not working

ash_mufc

Hi,

In need of some help. I have a VM subscription purchased from a seller in this forum for 12 months. I have a zgemma star h2. I had no issues with my channels 2 months in but recently I have noticed some channels are not working such as sky sports main event, MUTV, BT Sport SD channels, Asian channels. I have contacted the seller who advised to rescan in ABM which I have done multiple times to no avail. The seller is now saying there are issues with your box and also to update softcams and update my build. However no instructions have been provided on how to update softcams and how to check ABM version. I am running wooshbuild infinity as the latest version. Guys any help would be appreciated. I'm not a pro in this so please bear with me. As mentioned majority of channels work fine but some don't so don't know how there is an issue with the box!

Thanks in advance

Hi mate

I'm in a similar boat, although the channels you mention are mostly working for me so but some glitch. I had lost Sky sports main event completely last week but a rescan brought it back, I think it changed frequency. The channels I've noticed problems on are Sky Movies Select HD and BT Sports ESPN HD but there are others.

I'm in the process of testing some lines and unfortunately I'm seeing similar results with them.

I have a KV A850 so I'm very limited with what I can do at my end.

When I did a rescan last night I lost almost 30 channels (all sd movies) but a rescan today brought them back with an additional 50 (from normally 431 to 480!) so there may be something afoot at VM.

Cheers

If you are running the latest image i would imagine that your softcams will also be up to date. It might be worth changing your cam which is simple to do but that might require you to tweak your line which is equally as simple to do.

Try a test line from another supplier and that will at least allow you to benchmark one against the other. In abm might be worth trying to update the config files first before your scan so that abm is scanning the most up to date transponders.

There is every chance it's the supplier rather than your box or image.

Post back if you need help changing came etc.

Good luck.

If you are running the latest image i would imagine that your softcams will also be up to date. It might be worth changing your cam which is simple to do but that might require you to tweak your line which is equally as simple to do.

Try a test line from another supplier and that will at least allow you to benchmark one against the other. In abm might be worth trying to update the config files first before your scan so that abm is scanning the most up to date transponders.

There is every chance it's the supplier rather than your box or image.

Post back if you need help changing came etc.

Good luck.

The supplier is saying it's not the line.. However, I have the latest build.. I can try updating the CAM if you can provide some steps please?

What cam are you using first? I use Mgcamd 1.38. I don't use whooshbuild but normally access to softcam panel can be accessed via blue button, then you will see the softcam panel, press on on that and you will see what you are running. You can normally change change cams by using the left and right arrow keys on the softcam.

Some servers won't allow cccam but most allow Oxfam so before you change check what your server recommends.

Make sure you update config files in autobouquetsmaker before scanning

Hi all I'm having the same issues and really am novice at this. Where do I find the autobouquetmaker option? I have tried rescanning channels through normal menu options but having no luck. Please help...

Hi all I'm having the same issues and really am novice at this. Where do I find the autobouquetmaker option? I have tried rescanning channels through normal menu options but having no luck. Please help...

press menu>plugins
press red button
click systemplugins
click autobouquetsmaker and click ok to remove it
reboot the box
press meu>plugins again
click green and wait for the downloadable plugins to populate
click systemplugins and click on autobouquetsmaker
click ok to install the new version

Then press exit, exit etc
then go to menu>setup>service searching>manual scan

all the channels should now be showing

press menu>plugins
press red button
click systemplugins
click autobouquetsmaker and click ok to remove it
reboot the box
press meu>plugins again
click green and wait for the downloadable plugins to populate
click systemplugins and click on autobouquetsmaker
click ok to install the new version

Then press exit, exit etc
then go to menu>setup>service searching>manual scan

all the channels should now be showing

Hi thanks for replying. I've managed to get the channels back by another means. I deleted the bouquets, then updated config files and then ran and automatic scan, I've got the channels all working but I don't have any bouquets. Any advice as to how to get the bouquets set up? Thanks in advance.

it's called auto bouquets maker
it makes bouquets and it does it automatically

reboot the box, at the socket and perform a manual scan and see if the bouquets appear

it's called auto bouquets maker
it makes bouquets and it does it automatically

reboot the box, at the socket and perform a manual scan and see if the bouquets appear

Ok thanks, I'll give it a try when I'm back a little later.

Hi I've rebooted the box but still no bouquets, channels all went missing too. I've since again followed the initial instructions and managed to get the channels back but still no bouquets, any ideas?

I'm getting the same 'no area found message'

Last edited by a moderator:
What image are you using? It sounds like you haven't setup AutoBouquetsMaker.

Goto AutoBouquetsMaker, configure and check expert mode is yes. Now set these same settings you can change sceduled scan to any time you want.

1_0_19_A2C_1A_F020_FFFF0000_0_0_0_20181021102730.jpg

1_0_19_A2C_1A_F020_FFFF0000_0_0_0_20181021102749.jpg

Green to save then goto providers set:

virgin UK your region

FTA only: no

Main bouquet is optional i.e. if you want all channels bouquet

Create sections bouquets to yes

All the rest are optional

Channel swap should swap SD channels with HD channels.

You can also configure SKY UK if tuners have been configured for it.

Once your happy with settings green to save then update config/providers files then choose start scan.

Last edited:
In autobouquets maker providers menu theres 2 regions for birmingham so try both if your not sure which one is your area ok

What image are you using? It sounds like you haven't setup AutoBouquetsMaker.

Goto AutoBouquetsMaker, configure and check expert mode is yes. Now set these same settings you can change sceduled scan to any time you want.

View attachment 35399

View attachment 35397

Green to save then goto providers set:

virgin UK your region

FTA only: no

Main bouquet is optional i.e. if you want all channels bouquet

Create sections bouquets to yes

All the rest are optional

Channel swap should swap SD channels with HD channels.

You can also configure SKY UK if tuners have been configured for it.

Once your happy with settings green to save then update config/providers files then choose start scan.

Hi thanks for the detailed response. My options are slightly different but I've set it up using your instructions and still get the 'no area found ' message after running the scan. One thing I noticed was under set up mode expert I get virgin UK only no option of my area?
I've uploaded a picture of my box info, looks like it's on open.tv software?

Hi thanks for the detailed response. My options are slightly different but I've set it up using your instructions and still get the 'no area found ' message after running the scan. One thing I noticed was under set up mode expert I get virgin UK only no option of my area?
I've uploaded a picture of my box info, looks like it's on open.tv software?

Wouldn't upload the pic

Back