cloud ibox 2 plus tuner problems

neil4lisa

have the problem when i scanned for channels i was on getting 217 channels every time and when using autobouquetsmaker all i got was timeout for tuner lock and when i added channel list manually i got no signal on the channels that wasnt picked up on the scan..

i removed the 12v power supply from the box and plugged in my 19v laptop charger into he box a done a channel scan and ive found all channels with great signal so problem sorted but when i changed backed to the 12v power supply for the box im back to no signal again, i cant use th 19v power supply as i will damage the box eventually, ive tried other 12v power supply from around the house and they all power the box but still get no signal.

Sounds like your dish is out of alignment.

the dish seems fine as when i reconnect my f5 back up to the dish i have all channels as ive had sine i got the f5 18 months ago the signal problem is only when the cloud box is connected, even took it to someone else house who has great signal on his m3 but when my box is connected it only finds 217 channels in his house aswell.

y would it only find 217 channels on a 12v power supply but finds all channels on a 19v power supply

Don't use a higher voltage supply as you will likely blow the voltage regulator. The higher lnb voltage is derived from an inverter circuit. Have you checked your tuner configuration settings? These should be: Satellite 28.2E, LNB LNB1, Priority Auto, LOF Universal LNB, voltage mode Polarisation,
Increased voltage no, Tone Mode Band, Diseqc mode (this will depend on whether you are using a motorized dish or multiple LNB's) if it's just a simple fixed dish setup choose none.

Don't use a higher voltage supply as you will likely blow the voltage regulator. The higher lnb voltage is derived from an inverter circuit. Have you checked your tuner configuration settings? These should be: Satellite 28.2E, LNB LNB1, Priority Auto, LOF Universal LNB, voltage mode Polarisation,
Increased voltage no, Tone Mode Band, Diseqc mode (this will depend on whether you are using a motorized dish or multiple LNB's) if it's just a simple fixed dish setup choose none.
its just a standard sly dish that i have from when sly installed it.. ive had no signal issues with any other box new or old apart from this one. the tuner config setting are all as the should be no issue on that end.

The inverter (inside the ibox) creates the polarizing voltages needed to run the lnb. The most common cause of this breaking down is the use of cheap dual or quad lnbs, without the "signal fix" diode fitted. Repairing this is not a job for a beginner and would likely cost more than a new box, probably the reason it was sold cheap.

You could contact a supplier and buy just a board. That should fix the problem as long as u and ur mate dont both have old incompatible lnbs. But that would be rare.

Its a known fault I had the same problem and the guy replaced it. Its a dodgy tuner apparently. The replacement worked straight away

Back