Cloud ibox2 review - guide - tutorial.

ive been given this line do i copy the whole thing to my cccam config or do i miss some of it N: 5treams.tk 29088 Ben6002767-1646 6****** 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

Whole thing.
Although this will work the correct way for N lines is supposed to be used with mgcamd not cccam.
I dont know how and use mine in mgcamd but just so you can look into it for urself

Last edited:
Please help !!! I have just bought a cloud ibox 2 and I have 2 issues the main issue is how do I install my c line manually that I have from a previous f5 box
and does anyone know how to remove the really annoying voice over.

Voice over. Press audio button or subtitle button on remote I think. Then change the selection.
for adding ur line u need an ftp program on ur pc. I like dreambox control centre because its simple.

Cloud ibox2 review !!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone,

Well it's all set up and I'm glad my son has more patience than me.

I downloaded the 06/01/14 PLI image from Jenseneverest, it came with all the plugins that you should ever need credit given where its due, a great build that's been solid so far.
I copied the XP1000 folder straight onto a SanDisk 8gb pen (formatted to FAT32) and plugged it into the box to flash it. Turned the box on at the wall, 2 red lights showed on the front after 20 secs or so. I pressed the CH+ button on the box once and a purple light showed for around 3-4 minutes. This light indicates that it's in the process of flashing the box with new firmware/software. Once done, it automatically rebooted and loaded the new image which has been working great ever since.
It uses CoolTVGuide with a S*Y style skin over the top of everything, very easy to navigate and runs smoothly without glitching or delay. To get the full 7-day EPG updated I had to go into Menu>Plugins>CrossEPG Downloader. This automatically detects all your channels and sources the EPG info from the web, installing everything in under 2 minutes. Obviously you don't need to bother doing this until your CCcam line is in and you've got all your channels.

I had to use Dreambox Control Centre to FTP the C-line over. Download DCC from their website and run it. When it starts it automatically runs in Deutsch but on the right hand side there is a drop-box with languages that you can flip over to English. Click 'Search', and another window should open. Start the search and it should find your box on the network. Mine was IP Address XXX.XXX.X.X but yours may differ. If it can't find it, you can type the IP address manually to connect. You can find out what this is by looking in the Network settings on the box.
Once it says connected and you have the green light, you can go ahead and click 'FTP' in the left hand bottom corner. This should show you the files/folders already on the box. Go to var>etc and scroll down to CCcam.cfg. you can right-click on this and click Edit. Then just back out the default text and paste in your C or N-Line and click save. That's it, your C-Line should be up and running! Your box may require a reboot for it to enable, I honestly can't remember if mine did or didn't.

I have read on some forums that you cannot plug a USB device in hot (whilst the box is turned on) because people have bricked boxes, but I thought this sounded like rubbish as i've never encountered a USB device that wasn't hot pluggable so I took the risk and plugged in a USB with some movies on. It came up with an error message about the drive not having any readable files, but ignore this. Open up your Menu>Plugins and scroll down to pick a media player. There you will be able to browse your USB device and play whatever you wish.

I know it costs a little more than the Skybox F5 (we own 2) but for around £80 its one hell of a box for the money. Definitely a budget alternative to any VU+ or Dreambox when you consider the price and the amount of features it has.

Thanks...
Good info

hiya im after some help my cloud ibox 2+ will not load up and has boot of the front of the box , i removed the internet cable to replace it and it not worked since then

The box needs reflashed. Have a read at some of the threads in the cloud forum. Try to get ur backup or at least ur gift before flashing and try to ftp into the box first but u prob cant.

If ur stuck start a thread and people here always help :)

Hi, I wanted to ask does this box auto updates the EPG, as i currently have skybox F5s, and i have to update it manually.

Hi, I wanted to ask does this box auto updates the EPG, as i currently have skybox F5s, and i have to update it manually.

yes it does do a epg update i have mine set so it does it early hours of the morning great box i am using open pli on mine no problems....

Hi can you help I'm trying view movies on my usb stick but the "play" option seems to have disappeared when you search media.all I can sea is the green circle only getting frustrated and loads to view any help would be great it was working last week

---------- Post Merged at 06:15 PM ----------

There are usually 4 options
delete -play-change path -rename

Need to create it.
shanecake are u using n line or c line?
only c lines are meant for cccam. N lines are meant for mgcamd.
And finally which image and from where did u flash?

Sucmnsee... I'm gonna need to start paying you... It's an nline I'll be using. Used the image that you sent me about day or two ago.. flashed perfect... Cheers for that too

---------- Post Merged at 03:10 PM ----------

Wait I have a "MGcamd.1.35a" through usr>softcom... Would that be what I'm looking for

Yes.
then look in box at folder /usr/keys.
right click the file newcamd.list and edit.
replace the ******** with ur line details. Leave off the N:_ at start. Click save icon top left and say yes to overwrite

Hi everyone,

I downloaded the 06/01/14 PLI image from Jenseneverest, it came with all the plugins that you should ever need credit given where its due, a great build that's been solid so far.
I copied the XP1000 folder straight onto a SanDisk 8gb pen (formatted to FAT32) and plugged it into the box to flash it. Turned the box on at the wall, 2 red lights showed on the front after 20 secs or so. I pressed the CH+ button on the box once and a purple light showed for around 3-4 minutes. This light indicates that it's in the process of flashing the box with new firmware/software. Once done, it automatically rebooted and loaded the new image which has been working great ever since.
It uses CoolTVGuide with a S*Y style skin over the top of everything, very easy to navigate and runs smoothly without glitching or delay. To get the full 7-day EPG updated I had to go into Menu>Plugins>CrossEPG Downloader. This automatically detects all your channels and sources the EPG info from the web, installing everything in under 2 minutes. Obviously you don't need to bother doing this until your CCcam line is in and you've got all your channels.

I had to use Dreambox Control Centre to FTP the C-line over. Download DCC from their website and run it. When it starts it automatically runs in Deutsch but on the right hand side there is a drop-box with languages that you can flip over to English. Click 'Search', and another window should open. Start the search and it should find your box on the network. Mine was IP Address XXX.XXX.X.X but yours may differ. If it can't find it, you can type the IP address manually to connect. You can find out what this is by looking in the Network settings on the box.
Once it says connected and you have the green light, you can go ahead and click 'FTP' in the left hand bottom corner. This should show you the files/folders already on the box. Go to var>etc and scroll down to CCcam.cfg. you can right-click on this and click Edit. Then just back out the default text and paste in your C or N-Line and click save. That's it, your C-Line should be up and running! Your box may require a reboot for it to enable, I honestly can't remember if mine did or didn't.

I have read on some forums that you cannot plug a USB device in hot (whilst the box is turned on) because people have bricked boxes, but I thought this sounded like rubbish as i've never encountered a USB device that wasn't hot pluggable so I took the risk and plugged in a USB with some movies on. It came up with an error message about the drive not having any readable files, but ignore this. Open up your Menu>Plugins and scroll down to pick a media player. There you will be able to browse your USB device and play whatever you wish.

I know it costs a little more than the Skybox F5 (we own 2) but for around £80 its one hell of a box for the money. Definitely a budget alternative to any VU+ or Dreambox when you consider the price and the amount of features it has.
so you have this box a year now , any problems with it ? Any tweaks you can pass on to the rest of us ?

Hi everyone,

so you have this box a year now , any problems with it ? Any tweaks you can pass on to the rest of us ?

Agreed! Please let us know :)

Where's best place to purchase cloud ibox, is it possible to buy one where I just need to install nline when it arrives??
Thanks in advance.

You can buy all over. Dont pay over £60 and make sure its the new se version with A on the remote and no scart connection.
v few will put on image for you now but its not too hard to get image here and put on.

Back