cod liver oil V salmon oil for dogs coat/skin

Not sure she actually got anything but the vet said I could treat her with the anti-parasitic once her runs had cleared so i've given her first dose today, another tomorrow and third on sat, then repeat in a fortnight

to Celtic: I was giving her scrambled eggs and often this would be the only thing she'd have in the day...the day after it was like water running out of her so after some research learned that some dogs have an intolerance of egg yolks.
Gonna leave it another week or two then introduce egg whites, then after a week or two after that, a yolk and see what happens

same with the salmon oil, she gonna have one drop a day for a week, then 2 drops a day and so on until i find out whether it's ok or not

Obviously i can't introduce the egg / white / yolk / sardine oil at the same time as i won't know what's affecting her so it's gonna be a long process.

She ain't bothered, she's loving the chicken and rice! - I cook the rice in the chicken stock and it smells fit!

Christ...some of these dogs are better fed than me..lol

The bags of frozen chicken fillets are 3kg for a tenner at Farmfoods or Aldi, she only has about 250g a day so less than 2 bags per week, about a fiver.

Her tins of normal dogfood are 50p each so £3.50 a week and no one knows what's in it!!

It takes a little longer to boil stuff up but i know there's only 2 things in that bowl - 40% chicken and 60% basmati white rice...no salt, no additives, sugar, fat or anything else

the eggs i used to give her are 10 for £1.50 and she had a few a week, tinned fish costs 89p a tin and it would do her two days.

most of the stuff she's getting is cheaper than 'dog food' :(y):

The bags of frozen chicken fillets are 3kg for a tenner at Farmfoods or Aldi, she only has about 250g a day so less than 2 bags per week, about a fiver.

Her tins of normal dogfood are 50p each so £3.50 a week and no one knows what's in it!!

It takes a little longer to boil stuff up but i know there's only 2 things in that bowl - 40% chicken and 60% basmati white rice...no salt, no additives, sugar, fat or anything else

the eggs i used to give her are 10 for £1.50 and she had a few a week, tinned fish costs 89p a tin and it would do her two days.

most of the stuff she's getting is cheaper than 'dog food' :(y):

and apart from this, i couldn't care less if it cost me ten times the price of regular dogfood :) I have a choice of what i put in my body, pizza, beer, fat salt and crap, she doesn't have a choice, she has what i give her! - I am obliged to give her a decent diet and lifetyle

Back