Complete newbie, looking for help fixing audio issue.

How's it going guys, complete newbie here.Looking for some help fixing the audio commentary issue on the HD channels. I have read in other posts about reflashing but I don't have a clue how to do this. I got my box pre loaded from someone and it works well apart from the said issue. If I was to do some update to fix this issue would the person I got it from be able to see that I have done this? Any help is greatly appreciated. Cheers.

You need to update your firmware on the box, the issue of the narrator speaking on the movie hd channels and missing sound on a few channels can only be fixed when you update the image, the audio button doesn't fix it sadly.

Cheers for the replies guys. I had gathered that I would have to update the firmware but my main point was if the person that I got the box from would be able to see this had been done. Don't want to do anything that would rock the boat, it's not someone I know personally. The box says Zgemma- star H2 on the front but when I went into the settings it says the model is Zgemma star 2s. Cheers

A h2s can't receive cable channels, unless it's been doctored and a cable tuner added, so i'd say it's a H2
there's a build in the Downloads section using openatv 6.1 for that box that will cure the AD issues.
The supplier wouldn't know what you'd done with the box, nor would he care really.
You will lose your line if you just reflash, make sure you copy your line details to the laptop/computer to re-add it after flashing

I can see 2 different builds "Mikey B" & "Andy Mc" is there a particular one anyone would recommend or are they both as good as each other. I only use it for vm I don't have an IPTV sub in case that makes a difference.

Back