Connect Sky Q and zgemma to the tv at the same time

dhokes

I'm moving to a new build house and I'm about to get Sky installed. I was wondering whether it's possible to have a Sky Q box (for sky sports) and a zgemma box (only for watching bt sports) connected to the tv (4k oled) at the same time? This is so that I can switch easily between the two rather than having to swap cables out. What do I need to do in terms of cabling? What zgemma box would you recommend?

Last edited:
First of all you will need a hybrid lnb to use both and maybe a tv with more hdmi cable ports or a hdmi splitter?
You will also need extra cable feeds as say a sky +hd uses 2 feeds and if you get a twin sat say vu solo2 would also need 2 feeds so rec and view could work.

First of all you will need a hybrid lnb to use both and maybe a tv with more hdmi cable ports or a hdmi splitter?
You will also need extra cable feeds as say a sky +hd uses 2 feeds and if you get a twin sat say vu solo2 would also need 2 feeds so rec and view could work.

I could try and get the hybrid lnb installed by the sky engineer if I tell him that I plan to connect a freesat box as well? The tv should have plenty of hdmi ports.

Any suggestions on where to purchase the extra cable feed from? Would most tv aerial installers sell and run the cable for me?

I am sure if you were to buy the engineer a drink he will run the extra cables for you, he is already going to be running one lot already so another won't hurt.

When I had multiroom done into one bedroom, I asked him to run another as a spare into the other bedroom "in case" the child moved bedrooms" Wasn't a problem.

Yes i would imagine a tv aerial/sat installer could if asked could run other feeds.
unsure how many sky q box uses?

I am sure if you were to buy the engineer a drink he will run the extra cables for you, he is already going to be running one lot already so another won't hurt.

When I had multiroom done into one bedroom, I asked him to run another as a spare into the other bedroom "in case" the child moved bedrooms" Wasn't a problem.

Yes i would imagine a tv aerial/sat installer could if asked could run other feeds.
unsure how many sky q box uses?

My concern is that I intend to place the zgemma next to my sky box so what reasonable explanation could I give to need another feed next to my sky box?

My TV has freesat built on so a cable running to that would be nice. Maybe the TV you are looking at getting has the same!

The freesat box you have for when your parents come round will use the spare cables he fits. You dad always managed to bugger your sky boxes up and the last time you were unscrewing the cables swapping them you broke the centre pin off etc and so on.

My TV has freesat built on so a cable running to that would be nice. Maybe the TV you are looking at getting has the same!

The freesat box you have for when your parents come round will use the spare cables he fits. You dad always managed to bugger your sky boxes up and the last time you were unscrewing the cables swapping them you broke the centre pin off etc and so on.

ah yes, cheers!

if you are using a zgemma and iptv you ont need a sat dish cable just ethernet supply and only need sat dish cables too the standerd sky Q box only, have 1x hdmi lead from sky q bx too tv then swap the hdmi lead too teh zgemma when you want too use that

if you are using a zgemma and iptv you ont need a sat dish cable just ethernet supply and only need sat dish cables too the standerd sky Q box only, have 1x hdmi lead from sky q bx too tv then swap the hdmi lead too teh zgemma when you want too use that

I can see sh1te happening with hdmi port??
Maybe other things he needs to view on sat,do job right first time and think ahead.

or of the tv has 2x hdmi port just run 2x hdmi leads, nothing would happen too the hdmi ports if you aint a rough c*nt putting the hdmi lead in then 1 lead would do for 2 items

Back