Conventional to combi boiler query

do you have water tanks in loft or airing cupboard? these will be removed with a combi they can then join supply to bathroom & kitchen from combi for hot & and your cold from mains supply if not already???

Hi

Yeh I have a water tank in the airing cupboard...they did say that will be removed along with hot water cylinder I think.

I think the supply in bathroom is not from the mains...the cold water in kitchen definately has good flow....I’m assuming that is the cold mains as when I turned off the pump yesterday the pressure/flow was still very good.

I’m just trying to use logic and if they supply the combi boiler with cold mains tap in kitchen and then tapped into that supply and joined it to the bathroom supply that would hopefully resolve this.

Hi

Yeh I have a water tank in the airing cupboard...they did say that will be removed along with hot water cylinder I think.

I think the supply in bathroom is not from the mains...the cold water in kitchen definately has good flow....I’m assuming that is the cold mains as when I turned off the pump yesterday the pressure/flow was still very good.

I’m just trying to use logic and if they supply the combi boiler with cold mains tap in kitchen and then tapped into that supply and joined it to the bathroom supply that would hopefully resolve this.

your hot water will come from combi supplied by the cold mains as well as your mains cold supplying cold taps thru house also no pumps

The bathroom cold taps are run from your tank in your airing cupboard thats why you have low presure. A lot of houses were plumbed like that in the past. That is why it was not recomended to drink water from a bathroom tap as the water came from the tank and could contain dead pigeons and the like. With a combi system all taps are fed from the mains so this will cure the problem with low presure.

Back