Custom bootscreen images

Tried putting in to etc enigma2 but still not showing under wooshbuild config and custom or using bootlogo plugin

Assume no need to restart as watching and recording something at moment so will
Check further later

Does it not work if you create a folder on your hdd called "bootscreens"
Then in wb config set it to custom

Tried putting in to etc enigma2 but still not showing under wooshbuild config and custom or using bootlogo plugin
Assume no need to restart as watching and recording something at moment so will
Check further later

A bootlogo in /etc/enigma2/ will supercede any other bootlogo, unless, of course, WooshBuild bootlogos are copied to the same place.
It won't appear in WooshBuild config and you won't see it until you restart.

WB Config has now been updated to v3.201

This corrects a path issue when trying to use your own custom boot logos. To use:

Make a folder on your USB device called bootscreens
Copy up to 10 bootlogo files to this folder. Named: bootlogo1.mvi, bootlogo2.mvi and so on. You have up to 10 bootlogo files
In WB Config -> Change Skin, boot theme & EPG options -> Change bootscreen theme - select custom theme

This will then look at your files and import them. Restarting the GUI will show your new screens
If no bootlogo files are found or if your usb is not mounted as /media/hdd, you will see a message saying no theme files found.

Still not working, I have managed to find the 3D blue,dark, silverlight etc png files under user/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions/bootlogo/preview and the cars -thumb.png files under use/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions/W config/temp .is this where I need put mvi files? So far not able to change to a custom image ,even after uninstalling old wooshbuild config and then installing the now latest plugin

It isn't WB Config with the issue, it is the files you are creating.

Bootlogoswapper lets you change to any of the themes and each mvi file works. There are about 30 in total. If those boot screens are working for you then itpoints to your own mvi file. If the standard bootscreens aren't working there is something up with your box and could need a re-flash.

Don't create it any larger than 1024x768 to start with.

is this where I need put mvi files?
Make a folder on your USB device called bootscreens
Copy up to 10 bootlogo files to this folder. Named: bootlogo1.mvi, bootlogo2.mvi and so on. You have up to 10 bootlogo files
In WB Config -> Change Skin, boot theme & EPG options -> Change bootscreen theme - select custom theme

Or as Willo said, copy your bootlogo.mvi file directly to /etc/enigma2

Box was flashed only few weeks ago and one of the images I am now using is the one you sent me yesterday so size should be ok I assume
Am at total loss to what to do now

Box was flashed only few weeks ago and one of the images I am now using is the one you sent me yesterday so size should be ok I assume
Am at total loss to what to do now
Will try and check correct locations and assuming should be as mvi file

bootlogoswapper is responsible for changing the images at boot time.
WB config is where you select the boot theme or your custom mvi files

Still no joy putting image file given into any of these locations. I further assume that the folder created is named bootscreens and not “bootscreens” . Am struggling to sort out this issue

OK, lets remove any confusion.
First restart your box - do you get a wooshbuild bootscreen? If not, if you have copied your mvi file to /etc/enigma2 delete it from there.
Restart the box again - do you get a wooshbuild bootscreen now? If so carry on. If not you either have an mvi file in etc/share or something else is messed up with your box.

Uninstall the plugin called bootlogoswapper from the wooshbuild section of plugins.

Now you have two bootscreen files in the /usr/share folder
bootlogo.mvi
backdrop.mvi

Copy the two files in usr/share to your computer and keep them safe providing you still have bootscreens showing on boot. Replace both of these files with your own mvi file.

Without bootlogoswapper installed your box is back to standard with regards to what screens show.

OK, lets remove any confusion.
First restart your box - do you get a wooshbuild bootscreen? If not, if you have copied your mvi file to /etc/enigma2 delete it from there.
Restart the box again - do you get a wooshbuild bootscreen now? If so carry on. If not you either have an mvi file in etc/share or something else is messed up with your box.

Uninstall the plugin called bootlogoswapper from the wooshbuild section of plugins.

Now you have two bootscreen files in the /usr/share folder
bootlogo.mvi
backdrop.mvi

Copy the two files in usr/share to your computer and keep them safe providing you still have bootscreens showing on boot. Replace both of these files with your own mvi file.

Without bootlogoswapper installed your box is back to standard with regards to what screens show.
I cannot change things just now but I do have wooshbuild bootscreens when switch on and can change it to cars or mentor children etc choices
I a
Cannot recall if have bootlogoswapper installed but will check and if not find out how to install or if have will install and then reinstall
I will then copy the two files bootlogo.mvi and backdrop.mvi and store on my pc and then delete from box and then add first of all with the file you gave me yesterday and then if that works will replace with my chosen file soas to eliminate any possibility that my file is not correct size or other fault

If they change you have bootlogoswapper installed.

To uninstall:
green button -> red button -> woosbuild -> select bootlogoswapper and press ok to remove.

This will leave you with the last wooshbuild bootscreen you saw. You are then free to replace files in usr/share without wooshbuild getting in the way.

Hi guys i need help. I installed logomatik. This is connect from my box and retrives mvi file. I downloded some jpg image in my laptop but i dont know how to convert these images to mvi. How can i use these jpg file in logomatik. Please help.

Once you convert your jpgs using the convertor, you can add them to a folder on your usb device and setup via wb config. This lets you have multiple boot screen images instead of just one.
HI Wooshman

I made a "bootscreens" folder on my desktop and used the mvi converter on the png image i want to use. I renamed it "bootlogo1.mvi" as the instructions. I used filezilla to ftp the folder to media/hdd. I then entered the wooshbuild config plugin and selected custom theme but it said "sorry, no theme files found, no changes have been made". I've checked the mvi file i am trying to use and in the properties it says " size - 0 bytes". I also tried to upload to file to this reply and I got a message saying "the uploaded file appears to be empty. please try a different file".

Any idea whats happening please?
Thanks in advance

HI Wooshman

I made a "bootscreens" folder on my desktop and used the mvi converter on the png image i want to use. I renamed it "bootlogo1.mvi" as the instructions. I used filezilla to ftp the folder to media/hdd. I then entered the wooshbuild config plugin and selected custom theme but it said "sorry, no theme files found, no changes have been made". I've checked the mvi file i am trying to use and in the properties it says " size - 0 bytes". I also tried to upload to file to this reply and I got a message saying "the uploaded file appears to be empty. please try a different file".

Any idea whats happening please?
Thanks in advance
Last post this thread was 2 years ago and wooshman no longer comes on tk

Back