Deleting recorded file issues

Hi Guys
When I delete files with the red button every time I get to the third or fourth file the system crashes and I have to turn the box off and restart.
I cant delete files over the network from my Mac as I dont have permission as a guest user. Ive no idea what the default log in credentials are for the network share. I remember asking about this before here and just giving up as nothing worked. Last thing, unfortunately I cant see the odd formatting of the external drive in my Mac, so I cant just remove the files by connecting the drive to my Mac.
Is there some command to delete all files in my recordings and time shift folders? And id really like admin access to the network share if anyone can enlighten me.
Id be really really grateful for some help.
Thanks
CG

I have to put something in the login credential fields.
I got to this same place last time when I gave up as sadly no one knows the default login details. Shame

Hi Guys
When I delete files with the red button every time I get to the third or fourth file the system crashes and I have to turn the box off and restart.
I cant delete files over the network from my Mac as I dont have permission as a guest user. Ive no idea what the default log in credentials are for the network share. I remember asking about this before here and just giving up as nothing worked. Last thing, unfortunately I cant see the odd formatting of the external drive in my Mac, so I cant just remove the files by connecting the drive to my Mac.
Is there some command to delete all files in my recordings and time shift folders? And id really like admin access to the network share if anyone can enlighten me.
Id be really really grateful for some help.
Thanks
CG

It REALLY helps if when posting you gave more info, like what box and image and build.
But assuming a zGemma XXX flashed with openATV and running WB Infinity as stated above Username=root and Password = blank if this has never been changed from default.

As regards deleting your recordings, if you are not on the latest builds available then I strongly suggest you update, but if you don't want to then you can always use "DreamExplorer" (again another assumption because of lack of info) which will be present in your plugins to delete directly on the box without need for password.

Sorry if I upset you. I’m dead grateful for the replies.
I’m not a forum expert.
The help above teeming me that root is the username has solved my long standing problem.
I’ve deleted loads of files and tidied everything I want to keep into folders.
Thanks very much
CG

I’m not a forum expert.
The help above teeming me that root is the username has solved my long standing problem.
Thanks very much
CG
Dont stress. We were all newbies once. Just next timd say your on wooshbuild or whatever buuld your using so for know how to structure the help. Pleased we could sort your problem in the end

I’m not a forum expert.
Thanks very much
CG
You didn't upset me in the least, but as you can see the more information given initially the easier it is for all to sort it.

Believe it or not, on another forum that I'm on, a guy asked :- "My mate is selling a 2012 car and wants £2,500 for it.
Its a metallic red one. Is that a fair price?"

Anyway, good that you're sorted.

Back