Donedeal selling stuff and contacted in France

cactikid

VIP Member
Been selling a few things for last number of years and if needed i can post.

Contacted by someone on WhatsApp living in France wants to buy 2 or 3 items and can do PayPal and ship to France.

Think i am best to also include it registered when sending it via AnPost to show weight and tracking info

I try to think safe when doing this and just need others thoughts.

Been selling a few things for last number of years and if needed i can post.

Contacted by someone on WhatsApp living in France wants to buy 2 or 3 items and can do PayPal and ship to France.

Think i am best to also include it registered when sending it via AnPost to show weight and tracking info

I try to think safe when doing this and just need others thoughts.
Problem is PayPal always seem to favour the buyer in most cases.
Also, the buyer lives in another country and not sure if you know them.
The tracking of the item you can cover, but it’s what they say about the item when they receive it and if they are genuine.
Which you would hope they are.

Last edited:
I'm a man that is glass half-empty and pretty cynical. If something feels off, then go with your gut instinct. No idea what the contact is like between you and the proposed buyer. If you feel like they are trustworthy then I would ask for a bank transfer and then send once you confirm funds have arrived. No way of them trying to get their money back if it's a scammer.

if sending from the uk there will be customs charges at their end.

we don't get anything sent to spain from the uk as they seem to make the charges up.

if sending from the uk there will be customs charges at their end.

we don't get anything sent to spain from the uk as they seem to make the charges up.
Cactikid is in the EU, so on this occasion, not a consideration,
Wooshman 3D printed something for me for the drone, and it never got here due to Brexit customs problems, it had a value of about £1.

@cactikid I'd be quite sceptical about sending overseas as I presume it's tools and would be quite costly. As someone above says, PayPal tend to rule in the buyers favour, so if they won't pay F+F or transfer to bank, I'd avoid personally. I base this on the fact I know you, know you're honest, but far too many scammers out there.
If its not a face to face handover on donedeal/Adverts with cash, I'd need a guarantee ~ and that comes with a bank transfer/ F&F.

2 old genuine Toyota workshop manuals total price E30 + posting or shipping and because he mentioned Paypal i felt safer.
Yes living in ROI and will need to check couriers and prices to add to the price.
Cheers for feedback.

2 old genuine Toyota workshop manuals total price E30 + posting or shipping and because he mentioned Paypal i felt safer.
Yes living in ROI and will need to check couriers and prices to add to the price.
Cheers for feedback.
Not sure how you have them listed.
You could put them on eBay and sell them to the person that way and then you and the buyer are covered under the terms of eBay’s sellers and buyers regulations.

Not sure how you have them listed.
You could put them on eBay and sell them to the person that way and then you and the buyer are covered under the terms of eBay’s sellers and buyers regulations.
I have only bought stuff on ebay and never sold anything on them.

The old Toyota 1e and 2e engine repair manual.

Attachments

• toyota man..jpg
    toyota man..jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 9
I have only bought stuff on ebay and never sold anything on them.

The old Toyota 1e and 2e engine repair manual.
I have sold loads of stuff over years on eBay and as long as you are honest with the description and send the item with tracking you should have no problems.
It’s worth listing them to international buyers because there will probably people that actually collect these manuals.
You have nothing to lose.

He only wanted 1 manual now as his m8 gave him the other one. Sent it registered with a tracking number and gave him the tracking number and told him collection on Tuesday and was happy with that.

Back