dreambox help

piopat

hi guys i just joined the forum but wanted to say if anyone has a dreambox question or a problem with their dreambox feel free to ask ,ill be glad to help if i can .

Is there a reason why the dreambox freezes and just stays on the red on light??

Is it image related or flashing method??

Thanks

hi mate you dont say which dreambox you have but usually when the box has a fault such as that a reflash using a null modem cable is required . you need to connect your box to your computer via null modem cable and use dreamup to reflash the box ,the image you used may be corrupt so i suggest you download the same image from a different source or maybe try a different image (there are a few images available for download from the link in my signature area for the dm500s/dm600s/dm7020 ,if your box is a dm500s the nabilo maxvar v8 image is quite good ) before you reflash i suggest you perform a flash erase (for dm500/dm600 only ) when you open dreamup and connect with your box look on the right side and look where you see flash and you should also see flash erase (click on it ) a flash erase only takes seconds and will get rid of the corrupt image ,then flash as normal . hopefully your problem should be solved .

hi mate as i say there is a nabilo maxvar v8 image in the link in my signature area that you can use on your dm500s and you can also download the correct version of dreamup for your dm500s from the same link .its a very good image and you can easily install cams etc from it but sadly there is no epg beyond the standard now and next epg ,thats the only thing i can fault about it . dont forget to flash erase before you flash the new image ,that way you get rid of the corrupt image and then flash as normal using dreamup .

barry allen on cf

I've tried several times to install barry allen to the cf card in my dm7025, which it does initially, but then I flash the image & its gone from the plugin menu? Nobody so far can tell me why. In the end I gave up to watch tv rather than constantly fiddling with no progress. I think the nab bh image must be in the root at present but I would prefer multiboot on the cf card so I can try different images.

hi guys i just joined the forum but wanted to say if anyone has a dreambox question or a problem with their dreambox feel free to ask ,ill be glad to help if i can .
Yes please. Just taken delivery of DM7020HD I'm afraid my desire for techie exceeds my intelligence. Early last month i had installed a 88cm motorised dish with twin LNb (cos the DM7020HD) takes two sat tuners. Connected the wire marked motor to tuner A and the one marked LNB to tuner B Now which menu do I use in Chapter 7 to tune the thing in. Connected to wifi ok. any assistance would be most appreciated

DM7025 Power Supply Resistor Value Help

Hi all I am calling a big favour from any DM7025 owners that would kindly do me a favour, or anyone that may know.
Ok I need some kind individual with a DM7025 to whip the top off of it and please get the the colors from R8 on the power supply board, R8 is located bellow the large heatsink that sits in front of the large 150VuF 400V capacitor, you will see a long resistor under that heatsink with another not so long resistor right next to it this is R8 all I need is the exact band colours from that resistor.
That resistor has blown on mine, In fact it was glowing like an electric fire, so I think the bands have lost colour as they apear to be "Black Black Orange Black" but those colours add to nothing on most colour calculators so I am stuck without knowing the resistors exact banding colours.
I thank anyone in advance that can help me on this one, I emailed dream multimedia but as usual they never answer emails so I have no alternative but to ask some kind person to check thiers for me.

Back