Drones.. DJI Spark.

Anyone who owns a drone, flys regular
Will undoubtedly suffer the dreaded
'Flyaway'
Mine simply flew off ? In a straight line out to sea. Then turned 180' and came back altitude 350ft.. 20 mins later when battery was exhausted it landed

This incident happened after a update from DJI website .. sent my flight log details off to DJI.. i think a reflash is calked for. Or a long rope..
Rant over.

Bloody hell i would have panicked big time seeing it flying off into the sunset lol reflash ? Hope your not putting vix or openatv on it because it will never run right lol :grin:

Hello mate..
I rebooted the phone and the app whilst in flight..
Sadly it flew off in the north sea mist.

The Mavic reflashed and has finished bleeping. Freshly calibrated, it's almost dark and couldn't handle another panic attack just yet. So will try again tomorrow .. But not over water. I also have Luke. Who offered to be my spotter. (£10)

About half a mile from my home.(Durham). we sold up and moved to country. It's a pity I can't take videos.

Much improved mate, i like the fact it is one continuous movie - you planned it out beforehand(or seemed to) sent it out on its way, then brought her home- i didnt even notice it turning (i know if i go looking i will, and probably should have, but kudos).

One thing that seems to happen is that when you get to cruising height, you change the camera angle from parallel with the ground to directly facing down, i might be completely wrong, but that limits your field of vision, try about half way (45 degrees, possibly 30) as it will show both foreground and far away.
I think your flying has become more smooth too, i presume that was a conscious decision.
Again, i hope i am not coming across as tw@tish, i love the idea of one, and i love photography, but know i dont have the time with cycling, diving and working.

No not twa@ish i am competent @ flying but once i start recording I am trying to do to much. EG: gimbal once I toggle down I forget to adjust.. there are shortcuts on the RC. But it's like learning to drive.. I even forget to set iso. So over exposure is always in my footage.. I will persevere though..
Cheers for taking the time to look the footage

I cannot. Fly foils now as I have a dislocated shoulder. I don't get much time to myself but I like getting on my bike and pulling my drone out.

There is no lack of skill, vision is the most important thing, work out what you want to see, then plot how to best achieve it.

Composition is hard . As the footage is almost 2 miles away.. line of sight is difficult. As the glare off the sun.. if I am just messing, all good the minute I press record i lose it ?

250 - 275 ft. The trees I try to avoid block signal hence chopiness in the video once I get signal lost the drone uses GPS to land where it takes off.. wind was gusting @ 20mph ..

I have watched Drone racing on SS mix fr the last 10 minutes wow now my eyes hurt. I was not expecting it to be like that :grin:

That video above @stuss is about a 10 minute from where i work lovely part of the country, the Yorkshire coast.

Back