DsayersBuild Dsayers Openatv complete backup for zgemma H.2H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers Dsayers2014. I will flash my H2H with your image and then copy all of the plugins etc to an H5.2TC image and add custommix and see if I can get it working, if I don't make a complete mess of things I will post my image for others to use.

Will this work on the H5.2TC?

Thanks in advance

No h2h only
Cheers Dsayers2014. I will flash my H2H with your image and then copy all of the plugins etc to an H5.2TC image and add custommix and see if I can get it working, if I don't make a complete mess of things I will post my image for others to use.

I don't think that will work as there is a few modified core py files that links to plugins and skins. Have a search on the forum for openatv setup guide.

Sorry that's about all I can help you with on this thread for setting up another box best flashing a fresh openatv image following the openatv setup guide then add skins via there ipks as they have there own py files included then start a thread if you get stuck at any point and we'll try to help you.

No h2h only

I don't think that will work as there is a few modified core py files that links to plugins and skins. Have a search on the forum for openatv setup guide.

Sorry that's about all I can help you with on this thread for setting up another box best flashing a fresh openatv image following the openatv setup guide then add skins via there ipks as they have there own py files included then start a thread if you get stuck at any point and we'll try to help you.

Hi,

i am going to flash with OpenATV 6.0, then install the same plugins (via plugins menu) that you have on your 5.3 version, install custommix and follow the rest of your setup guide for bouquets etc etc.

Hopefully this will allow each plugin to install itself correctly and with your custommix if i configure EPG and Bouquets the same way as your guide it will work.

downloaded davids openATV 6.0, went into update config files and get an error saying "incompatible versions 2.5>2.6" is there a fix? cheers

Run a software update but if you're using the Custommix to swap sky hd channels with vm config files don't need to be updated

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Not sure if this issue is related to this backup yet but basically setup a box 2 days ago with this backup and last night it had a software problem that crashed the box - it's stuck on boot.

I intend on reflashing it later today with a vix build then installing your custom mix for the bouquets. Will report back if it reoccurs after that. It could well be HDD related.

Hi,

i am going to flash with OpenATV 6.0, then install the same plugins (via plugins menu) that you have on your 5.3 version, install custommix and follow the rest of your setup guide for bouquets etc etc.

Hopefully this will allow each plugin to install itself correctly and with your custommix if i configure EPG and Bouquets the same way as your guide it will work.

HI

I have the custommix plugin installed but its not showing in service menu any ideas why that is?

HI

I have started to create an h5.2tc build and I have done everything I can but I cannot get the cumstommix to appear in service menu, I have it installed via the ipk file and it shows as being able to be removed from plugins but not showing any idea why this is. using VM skin on open atv 6.0

Did you reboot box after installing? for custommix plugin issues can ypu post in my custommix support thread please.

Also you can uninstall the IPK it is now available on atv6 feeds so uninstall via plugins then goto plugins green to install plugins and goto system plugins you should find it there. Once installed reboot box

Hi dsayers in your harddisk setup explanation when convert ext3 to ext4 would you still be able to read your mass storage device via any computer had trouble before with this not reading hard drive on my computer,not wanting hard drive to be fixed to box as I transfer my hard drive files to computer etc.Also having trouble when I press record button then record indefinitely it's saying no more room left half way threw recording I want it to record to my mass storage device not internal storage confusing thanks in advance.

Hi dsayers in your harddisk setup explanation when convert ext3 to ext4 would you still be able to read your mass storage device via any computer had trouble before with this not reading hard drive on my computer,not wanting hard drive to be fixed to box as I transfer my hard drive files to computer etc.Also having trouble when I press record button then record indefinitely it's saying no more room left half way threw recording I want it to record to my mass storage device not internal storage confusing thanks in advance.

You can use your home network to transfer files from hard drive but you cant read it when plugged into pc so just use your home network to transfer files or ftp. As long as the storage device is initialised correctly and mounted as media/hdd and you have room on your storage device you should be fine with recording.

Hi,

I have a working image for H5.2TC with custommix installed and working well however i have 2 things i am not happy with:

1 when on the EPG when i press channel down its not moving down the channels instead its trying to move 24 hours any idea how to swap so it moves a page of channels at a time.

2 when i am on the V-Skin it does not show me the SNR and Service info such as DVB-C and 85% snr again any idea how i get that to show once these have been fixed i will take a backup and post for others to use.

Thanks

Jamie

Hi,

I have a working image for H5.2TC with custommix installed and working well however i have 2 things i am not happy with:

1 when on the EPG when i press channel down its not moving down the channels instead its trying to move 24 hours any idea how to swap so it moves a page of channels at a time.

2 when i am on the V-Skin it does not show me the SNR and Service info such as DVB-C and 85% snr again any idea how i get that to show once these have been fixed i will take a backup and post for others to use.

Thanks

Jamie

Start a new thread but for EPG you need to use a modified epgselection.py google slyk1hd that will take you to kiddacs site go in his drobox skins, slyk1hd, epg tabs and follow the instructions for epgselection.py. That will not give you epg tabs but ch up and down will work. This thread is for using a backup not a full setup guide and will get confusing for others if we talk about a full setup. If you need more help start a new thread

When in tuner configuration for cable at bottom where it says provider to scan i can get vigin media uk but not the prefix option you have in pic (6952). I have pure , bruteforce, telewest. Which should i use ?
Thanks

Hi dsayers2014, I am using this new build but I am unable to record or timeshift. I have formatted the USB stick which is a Kingston 32gb datatraveler and I have followed your instructions but must be doing something wrong. I have attached some screenshots.

Attachments

• IMG_0402b.jpg
    IMG_0402b.jpg
    376.2 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0403b.jpg
    IMG_0403b.jpg
    362.5 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0404b.jpg
    IMG_0404b.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 58
Hi dsayers2014, I am using this new build but I am unable to record or timeshift. I have formatted the USB stick which is a Kingston 32gb datatraveler and I have followed your instructions but must be doing something wrong. I have attached some screenshots.
I had this problem too, you need to make some changes in the settings which should sort it. Here's the link to my thread about this, if you look at the last couple of posts on it you'll see the settings to change. Seems to have sorted it for me.

http://www.techkings.org/threads/something-eating-up-hdd-in-the-background.124166/

I had this problem too, you need to make some changes in the settings which should sort it. Here's the link to my thread about this, if you look at the last couple of posts on it you'll see the settings to change. Seems to have sorted it for me.

http://www.techkings.org/threads/something-eating-up-hdd-in-the-background.124166/
Thanks darth marth, appreciate your guidance. With regards to the instructions on your thread, did you disable your swap file and delete it from hdd? Should I be following the instructions from post #23 from Ali3n? I'll try this when I am home tonight and will post message on your original thread if I need more guidance. Regards

Thanks darth marth, appreciate your guidance. With regards to the instructions on your thread, did you disable your swap file and delete it from hdd? Should I be following the instructions from post #23 from Ali3n? I'll try this when I am home tonight and will post message on your original thread if I need more guidance. Regards
Yes, try ali3ns last couple of posts, should sort it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back