E2i Player/IPTV player plugin faulty ?

it's a sad set of affairs, samsamsam had said there would be no updates on another forum, as also stated post here too by dsayers. On the same forum, some members, on the same thread were needling him a bit, he rightly took exception, in a polite manner, many other members, myself included, posted messages of support for samsamsam. An admin then stated that it was forum policy not to allow thanks posts, & they would be removed , (not all were) samsamsam then asked why pointed posts toward him were not also removed, which then led to samsamsam, saying he'd no longer be posting on that particular forum.This happened on a different forum to the one in links already posted. It's bad news for users of the plugin , it's an acculumation of many things that led things here. Hopefully samsamsam, will find a solution that satisfies his needs, he put a serious amount of work & time into what is probably the best plugin of it's type.

it's a sad set of affairs, samsamsam had said there would be no updates on another forum, as also stated post here too by dsayers. On the same forum, some members, on the same thread were needling him a bit, he rightly took exception, in a polite manner, many other members, myself included, posted messages of support for samsamsam. An admin then stated that it was forum policy not to allow thanks posts, & they would be removed , (not all were) samsamsam then asked why pointed posts toward him were not also removed, which then led to samsamsam, saying he'd no longer be posting on that particular forum.This happened on a different forum to the one in links already posted. It's bad news for users of the plugin , it's an acculumation of many things that led things here. Hopefully samsamsam, will find a solution that satisfies his needs, he put a serious amount of work & time into what is probably the best plugin of it's type.

Entirely understandable - if you are getting little to no support on a forum from mods\admins against muppets, you'll (hopefully) always find somewhere else on the internet where people will appreciate what you have done\are doing & the effort you have\are putting in.

I'm not dissing Samsamsam or what he's made, I can completely understand what he's done & why - he's made a remarkable plugin. I do hope like you've said - he finds something\somewhere that meets his needs - it clearly wasn't the forum he left. He can always post here ;) - cracking forum and the mods do a great job.

Source code is in that gitlab link https://gitlab.com/e2i/e2iplayer

Looking round - which in all honesty I didn't look too deep - on initial glance, it appeared to be the complied output\binaries and not the raw source. I'll have to take a closer look.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Now's time to look at other options as it's looking like samsamsam isn't sounding like he is budging on this, this is his choice and if he feels that he has to pull the plug on it then that's that I guess, really sad to see it is finished now but isn't it serious time that we look for a suitable alternative and/or possibly someone in the know may wish to start up a very similar service, if so then I guess now is the big chance to do just that.

I have a sony bravia android tv, it's a 2018 model, it doesn't allow just any old apps (it's a bit fussy about certain apps which is really annoying), so I'm kind of stuck there or am I ?

I also have the Zgemma i55 box which as most of you will probably know is an Enigma 2 box (not android), that's where I currently have E2i player (iptv player) installed,as I can't find a way to install it on my TV.

I heard from a friend that has a firestick that an app called TeaTV is pretty good but I don't know as it's the first time I have heard of it.

I was also told that Vumoo is quite good too but again I have no idea if it is or not as I have not tried that either, I'm not even sure if both those things I suggested can be installed on an Android Tv or an Enigma 2 box such as a zgemma i55

It's just such a shame that samsamsam is finished with E2i player (iptv player) as it was by far the best thing like that I have seen so far, but maybe someone will come up with the best solution and/or replacement in the meantime for both Android TV's and Enigma 2 boxes, here's hoping anyway :)

Now's time to look at other options as it's looking like samsamsam isn't sounding like he is budging on this, this is his choice and if he feels that he has to pull the plug on it then that's that I guess, really sad to see it is finished now but isn't it serious time that we look for a suitable alternative and/or possibly someone in the know may wish to start up a very similar service, if so then I guess now is the big chance to do just that.

I have a sony bravia android tv, it's a 2018 model, it doesn't allow just any old apps (it's a bit fussy about certain apps which is really annoying), so I'm kind of stuck there or am I ?

I also have the Zgemma i55 box which as most of you will probably know is an Enigma 2 box (not android), that's where I currently have E2i player (iptv player) installed,as I can't find a way to install it on my TV.

I heard from a friend that has a firestick that an app called TeaTV is pretty good but I don't know as it's the first time I have heard of it.

I was also told that Vumoo is quite good too but again I have no idea if it is or not as I have not tried that either, I'm not even sure if both those things I suggested can be installed on an Android Tv or an Enigma 2 box such as a zgemma i55

It's just such a shame that samsamsam is finished with E2i player (iptv player) as it was by far the best thing like that I have seen so far, but maybe someone will come up with the best solution and/or replacement in the meantime for both Android TV's and Enigma 2 boxes, here's hoping anyway :)
I added TS media onto my zgemma last week and it works ok on most things, no where as good as E2i player, but better than nothing.

Just put Forja, lwatch, open movies, SeeHD, Thewatchseries, TopTVshows, gomovies, merdb123 movies andpopcorn flix , nothing else seems to work except these, but they all do work good.

I added TS media onto my zgemma last week and it works ok on most things, no where as good as E2i player, but better than nothing.
whats the best addons to install in this TSMedia mate ?

There is quite a lot and the memory on an zgemma i55 is tiny, I also can't see any options to tell it to save all that to my USB memory stick either or I would just install all the addons onto that.

Installed and all working good as you said, thank goodness for that :)
I never really watch anything on either E2i player or TS media, I just download and watch later, sometimes watching programmes or films it can jump or freeze a bit, but downloading and then watching later never has any issues.

I never really watch anything on either E2i player or TS media, I just download and watch later, sometimes watching programmes or films it can jump or freeze a bit, but downloading and then watching later never has any issues.

I have a fair idea how to set stuff to download and save to USB on E2i player but not TSMedia as it's the first I have used it tonight, any ideas how to set it to download and save stuff should I wish to mate ?

Any help tips very much appreciated thanks.

It can be tricky, it took me about 10 minutes to figure it out last week, once you find the programme or movie, hit the blue button, then download location and make sure its set to your hdd device, then exit back out once and then press download, I think thats what I done, I am not near the tv or box at the minute, if it dosent show up in your hdd, then go to plug ins, dream explorer, hdd and it should be there, it can then be moved or copied to your hdd device, this is what happened to me a few times and sometimes it has just went straight onto the hdd. You can also just watch it from there too. Meant to say when moving or copying it goes into movie, just highlight movie then press yellow button, it takes a few mins, the blue circle in the top left will spin while its doing this and stop when its done. once moved you can delete it from dream explorer.

Last edited:
It can be tricky, it took me about 10 minutes to figure it out last week, once you find the programme or movie, hit the blue button, then download location and make sure its set to your hdd device, then exit back out once and then press download, I think thats what I done, I am not near the tv or box at the minute, if it dosent show up in your hdd, then go to plug ins, dream explorer, hdd and it should be there, it can then be moved or copied to your hdd device, this is what happened to me a few times and sometimes it has just went straight onto the hdd. You can also just watch it from there too.

Thanks @grahamer67 , I will give what you say a go soon as I find something I want to try and save etc, thanks again :)

It is such a shame that he has decided not to make anymore updates public. We use this plug in all the time. I know absolutely nothing about anything like this but would it be possible for other people to take over the updates?

I used BBC iplayer a lot on e2iplayer but that has been showing no valid links for quite a while.I tried to inquire about it on e2iplayer facebook but got accused of insulting them-paranoid or what!

I used BBC iplayer a lot on e2iplayer but that has been showing no valid links for quite a while.I tried to inquire about it on e2iplayer facebook but got accused of insulting them-paranoid or what!
Samsam has had a lot of negativey alately all because there's been no update but people need to realise a lot of hard work time and effort has gone into it and all the negativity even if not meant as negativety people are going to be like they are

I dont really understand-if they are all pissed off why dont they just close it all down and pack it in.They told me there was a fix for the iplayer but I could'nt have it.I've never spoke to them before or had any dealings with them apart from using the software which I never asked for it came in whooshbuild.Also they said that people did not appreciate their work-its hard to appreciate stuff when you cant use it-

I dont really understand-if they are all pissed off why dont they just close it all down and pack it in.They told me there was a fix for the iplayer but I could'nt have it.I've never spoke to them before or had any dealings with them apart from using the software which I never asked for it came in whooshbuild.Also they said that people did not appreciate their work-its hard to appreciate stuff when you cant use it-
I see your point but that what I mentioned was posted on a different forum

Back