EPG Importer Not Working

I’m a little confused here?

Running an extreme 8500 and a HS2 box with Wooshbuild and I feel like I’ve tried everything: refashed both boxes, installed an earlier version of epginporter, ran the previous fix on this thread via putty and uninstalled/reinstalled this morning. All I can import are the fta, sly and free sat, non of my iptv come in?

Also when I uninstall/reinstall the only epginporter I see is version: 1.0+git179.

I don’t think I’m being stupid or am I?

Any assistance gratefully received.

I’m a little confused here?

Running an extreme 8500 and a HS2 box with Wooshbuild and I feel like I’ve tried everything: refashed both boxes, installed an earlier version of epginporter, ran the previous fix on this thread via putty and uninstalled/reinstalled this morning. All I can import are the fta, sly and free sat, non of my iptv come in?

Also when I uninstall/reinstall the only epginporter I see is version: 1.0+git179.

I don’t think I’m being stupid or am I?

Any assistance gratefully received.
Have you tried this on box the problem with epg wget -O epgfiles.sh 'http://wooshbuild.co.uk/epgfix/epgfiles.sh' && chmod 755 ./epgfiles.sh && ./epgfiles.sh over to your box

Have you tried this on box the problem with epg wget -O epgfiles.sh 'http://wooshbuild.co.uk/epgfix/epgfiles.sh' && chmod 755 ./epgfiles.sh && ./epgfiles.sh over to your box
my epgimporter is 1.0+git189) will it work with this as I have just done asoftware update and that's what it gave me so I press geen /blue for sources made sure everything was ticked green what I need then saved then pressed yellow to update and this is what I got EPGIMPORTER FAILED TO START ADDRESS NAME OF SERVICE NOT KNOWN

Yes, I did try that one and no success.

I get all the conventional feeds to import just not my iptv providers. Thought it was a fault of his till I stumbled onto this thread, will try the above fix again tonight.

I am confused that on plugins I only have the option to download the 1.0+git179 version on both boxes?

my epgimporter is 1.0+git189) will it work with this as I have just done asoftware update and that's what it gave me so I press geen /blue for sources made sure everything was ticked green what I need then saved then pressed yellow to update and this is what I got EPGIMPORTER FAILED TO START ADDRESS NAME OF SERVICE NOT KNOWN
Hopefully as it should remove the ipv6 commit.

its not even updating my cable just says when I go into epgimporter that its still in progress but nothing happens just stays on zero

ive not done that update of yours yet dsayers but just restarted box done everything as before then yellow to update and now it says EPGIMPORTER FAILED TO START (ERNO 0-9 ADDRESS FOR HOST NAME NOT SUPPORTED SO DO YOU THINK I SHOUL DO YOUR UPDATE wget -O epgfiles.sh 'http://wooshbuild.co.uk/epgfix/epgfiles.sh' && chmod 755 ./epgfiles.sh && ./epgfiles.sh over to your box

how do I get to talnet command.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a new error ERNO 0-9 ADDRESS FOR HOST NAME NOTSUPPORTED. Talnet same as you did for wooshbuild via openwebif, terminal.

cheers dsayers that sorted me cable and iptv out 147130 events back to normal cant thank you enough cheers

Thanks for the fix dsayers/woosh and whoever else had a hand in the solution - all working again :emoji_ok_hand:

Are you sure your providers EPG is not down ?
What you could do, is a scan, then check the log and see exactly what the problem is ( press menu after a scan is complete )
Thanks for the assistance: I've tried this and the log states a load of channels as unknown, these are channels from my iptv provider and at the end it states:

EPG imports thread is ready
EPG imports events
EPG imports imported events 95678
EPG imports save last import data and count event
EPG imports run check deep stand by after event
EPG imports ######finished####

Does that mean my provider is faulty?

Can anyone confirm if importer 1.0+git189 for H2s update is working now an pulling in sly ,fta and iptv epg now without errors ?

i updated to 1.0+git189 then using webif I added dsayers fix wget -O epgfiles.sh 'http://wooshbuild.co.uk/epgfix/epgfiles.sh' && chmod 755 ./epgfiles.sh && ./epgfiles.sh and mines now working

I’m really not working this out. When I uninstall epgimporter and reinstall via plugins I can only install 1.0+git179? What am I doing incorrectly?

Running two boxes HS2 and 8500 both offering the same options via install/uninstall within plugins, am I being really thick or what?

you shouldn't have to uninstall it just run software update and that should remove the old one and put the new one in its place

I’m really not working this out. When I uninstall epgimporter and reinstall via plugins I can only install 1.0+git179? What am I doing incorrectly?

Running two boxes HS2 and 8500 both offering the same options via install/uninstall within plugins, am I being really thick or what?
Maybe the fix hasn't been migrated to all boxes yet? As Gray1313 states it's a simple BLUE button update then run that line of code in WEBIF.

Back