EPG not working

Are E2 type boxes also Blade?
Ideally I'd like to get this box fixed/replaced as I don't have a lot of spare cash - especially at this time of the year.

Cheers

E2 boxes are Linux boxes using Enigma 2
The firmware is known as an image for linux boxes.
Lots of people are using the VIX image.

So all boxes pretty much set up in the same way, Technomate, VU+ range, Miraclebox, Gigablue etc.

World of sat sell genuine boxes.

Well, there is a Lord.
Done a fresh epg download and it's fixed.
Now just to work out how to get stv HD back and in its correct channel/category.
And what's with that crusty noise during quiet spells?
I don't think I'll ever be 100% happy with my box!!

It appears that this update fixes the issue with the EPG which I had and the same one as ryan:

http://www.techkings.org/blade-medi...-bm5000s-12th-september-2014-9991-option.html

If like me, you need a refresher on how to load the file, just download the file from the first post (GZ1404012_CA_23.2.r33534_su.rar)

GX140 etc), unrar if needed, put onto your usb pen, put pen into Bladebox, goto menu> setup> Update and backup> Upgrade image> then select the file on the pen, should be ssu.

After this I tried the epg download and it worked first time. I hope its the fix.

Last edited:
Dodgy EPG, certain channels only listing 2 or 3 on list ??

Hi all,

I have blade bm5000s and having little trouble with EPG?

On a lot of channels there is only 2 or 3 future programs?

And ideas ?

Thanks

I had the same issue. I kept doing a fresh epg download over & over but it would only show 2 programs or nothing at all.
I waited several days and attempted it again and it worked.
Not sure what caused it not to do a full download the previous times.
Make sure the flash drive has nothing else on it other than the necessary bm5000s files

also have problem to record

had the same problem it only recorded an hour of whatever I had set even the the PVR settings where to Maximum.

In the end I messed with the settings then re-set it to maximum which made it work but don't know if it's totally fixed only recorded one thing since

Anyone ever experience an issue whereby every time you attempt a fresh download, the box reboots and the epg hasn't worked?

Anyone ever experience an issue whereby every time you attempt a fresh download, the box reboots and the epg hasn't worked?

yes I have sometimes you have to wait a few hours before you try, or try going to different fave categories and try epg download again.

Also switch the box off at the back, pull the Hard-drive usb out of the box, switch box back on and put HD usb back in until it picks USB up then try new epg download

yes I have sometimes you have to wait a few hours before you try, or try going to different fave categories and try epg download again.

Also switch the box off at the back, pull the Hard-drive usb out of the box, switch box back on and put HD usb back in until it picks USB up then try new epg download

Yeh, I have to go through the exact same pain. Thanks for letting me I'm not the only one.

I am pleased to hear that I am not the only one with EPG problems on the BM5000.
I am responsible for maintaining a number of receivers and just recently I have not been able to load the EPG on both new and older boxes. The older ones have worked OK in the past. I press the red button and then 'Download'. The boxes download channels and then titles and then when they get to 'parsing summaries' they freeze for a while and then the box reboots without any download. The firmware is the latest available I am told, although most of these boxes have had an EPG loaded and working previously with this firmware. We are on the Astra2 European beam by the way.

Back