EPGImport - FTA and IPTV functionality

tonyclifton

Hi all,
I have a H2S running OpenATV 6.2 which is used for Freesat and also has 1PTV.

For ages now, my EPGImport has been happily updating both the FreeSat EPG (using Rytec sources) and 1PTV via my own providers xml files. My provider updated their 1PTV plugin and since then, I cannot for the life of me get Freesat to update as well as 1PTV.

From what I can tell, my 1PTV provider uses Suls XML scripts to sort EPGImport out. The usual rytecsources.xml gets replaced with a suls 1ptv.sources.xml file and also a suls.1ptv.channels.xml file.

Even if I add the FreeSat sources into the sources.xml file, EPGImporter just sits at 0 events and never actually updates, but the 1PTV EPG gets updated ok.

Has anyone else experimented getting both to work? I've spoken to my provider and they've said that's the way their EPG is designed to work - it's either all them, or all FreeSat - not both.

Cheers, TC. :)

Uninstall EPG Importer then reinstall and see if Freesat feeds show.

Hello mate,
Yeah FreeSat EPG works on a fresh EPGImport install but then my 1PTV EPG stops working. Something in their 1PTV IPK seems to mess with EPGImport's channel sources it seems :(

So if you stop freesat from being imported does the IPTV work?

If so, I would use CrossEPG for the freesat and EPG Importer for your IPTV. Easier than trying to fight with the provider and certainly quicker.

Hi Wooshman - if I stop FreeSat then my 1PTV works fine.
That's a good shout on CrossEPG - I will try that tonight mate - thanks for the tip :)

Remember to put a tick in openTV as the provider. Don't worry about rytec, and updating providers etc, just go for simple and it should work for you.

Restart the box after installing CrossEPG or it will just crash anyway. It doesn't like being run for the first time without a restart of the GUI.

Back