Error Umounting - Device or Resource Busy

aphuk

I am trying to INITIALISE a new USB HDD in rear port but get an error message saying "Cannot unmount /media/hdd Device or resource busy".
Have no other devices plugged in (Front USB / Micro SD slot)
If have also been getting an error, when checking the recording & timeshift locations saying
"The directory ....... is not EXT2, EXT3, EXT4 NFS or CIFS partition. Make sure you select a valid partition type."
All/any help or advice welcome :)

Format the drive to ext4
Hi Alien,
Format which drive to EXT4 ?
The messages I have been receiving ever since I started using this box (one week now) say that /media/hdd is the wrong format for the recording & timeshift functions. This message appears to point to the HDD within the zGemma (not the external HDD I am unable to mount).
I will follow the Willo guide and report back ..... wts

The external drive mate, the only other storage would be in the microsd card slot, but you said it was a USB hdd so I assumed you weren't trying to use a microsd card.

The internal storage of the box is only really for running the operating system on, not for recording etc.

Follow the parts of the guide that refer to formatting to ext4, swap file,mount manager, recordings & timeshift. Ignore the parts about flashing & microsd cards.

Cheers Alien, used Willo's guide and changed the format of the USB HDD from FAT32 to EXT4 (using the recommended utility from my laptop) and then re-connected it to the zGemma and powered up. All working and no more record or timeshift errors. Don't know anything about a Swapfile or what it's for but what I did notice is that it seems, after powering up, the paths for recording & timeshift seem to have set themselves automatically to the new USB HDD. I was expecting to have to go into System>Setup but looks like it happened on its own. All good now and I was able to record and find the recording and play it back from the EPG Planner :)

Back