euro satellite installation...

Anst11

Hi all,

First post in a while.

Just moved house and I previously had a motorised dish installed to get the euro satellites and had a good sweep of most satellites which I was happy with from 5w to 39e.

Wanted to use the same guy to install it all but he has given me a quote far exceeding what I am prepared to pay, taking the mickey if I am honest.

Is there anyone in the West Midlands region who could help me out installing? I can get the 1m kit online and I have tools, I kind of know how to do it but I wouldn't mind someone who knows the tuning/alignment process better than me. Id waste hours and probably get it wrong, so it'll just stay there being defunct until it is sorted anyway. There is simply no company that I can find in my area willing to do a motorised dish. They all do sky dishes and not much else. I found 1 company that will point at a dish at another single satellite but no motor install and no multi LNB either so I am a bit stuck.

If anybody is around the area who can help I can offer you many beers and a bit of cash also if it would seal the deal. I can do most of the donkeywork/drilling etc just need help in tuning it and making it perfect.

PM me if anybody can help or knows someone etc.

Thanks.

http://www.techkings.org/forums/satellite-motorised-euro-multi-lnb.484/

if you reckon you can do it in less than 8 hours then its a DIY job and save yourself £200
otherwise just pay someone,
they will do it in less than that, but, they have invested a lot of time and money into the knowledge and kit to do it

I only do it as a sideline, but I wouldnt even be interested for less than £150 and thats only if its a straightforward install with line of sight below gutter level
travelling is extra

Hi all,

First post in a while.

Just moved house and I previously had a motorised dish installed to get the euro satellites and had a good sweep of most satellites which I was happy with from 5w to 39e.

Wanted to use the same guy to install it all but he has given me a quote far exceeding what I am prepared to pay, taking the mickey if I am honest.

Is there anyone in the West Midlands region who could help me out installing? I can get the 1m kit online and I have tools, I kind of know how to do it but I wouldn't mind someone who knows the tuning/alignment process better than me. Id waste hours and probably get it wrong, so it'll just stay there being defunct until it is sorted anyway. There is simply no company that I can find in my area willing to do a motorised dish. They all do sky dishes and not much else. I found 1 company that will point at a dish at another single satellite but no motor install and no multi LNB either so I am a bit stuck.

If anybody is around the area who can help I can offer you many beers and a bit of cash also if it would seal the deal. I can do most of the donkeywork/drilling etc just need help in tuning it and making it perfect.

Thanks.
Have a shot yourself plenty of help on the
Fourm

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Hi all,

First post in a while.

Thanks.

Hi - if you are still reading, what happened in the end? I recently moved to Shropshire and found same problem - one local guy who's not really interested (I think because I didn't, and don't, know exactly what kit I want - was hoping he would make recommendation!) and advice from all other installers they don't do motorised installation.

HI all,

Forgotton about this thread totally. lol

I did have a go in the end myself, bought some decent kit, dish etc, new lnb and sat finder. set it up correctly, fiddly as hell but do-able. Due to the bad luck position of the hose I cant point at the satellites I want at all, so i'm selling the dish, receiver box and all cables etc on ebay. (side note - if anybody wants the lot please contact me with details).

ive gone over to iptv, can get all the euro channels i want, plus australian channels which I like watching, which obviously cannot get via satellite. so i've given up the satellite road, not for the want of trying i must add.

i couldn't find anyone at all who would go near motorized dish setup, not evenmulti-lnb. it was sky at 28.2e or nothing really. got 1 guy who was willing to find 19.2e but again, wanted a stupid amount for something i could figure out.

iptv seems to be the way forward for me.

YUP, i think my setup was about £350 plus the dreambox at the time, worth its weight in gold before iptv.

I think the installers ask for a big amount for setting up a motorised system is mainly for the hassle of getting it right and the time that it will take them to do it, simply 99 per cent cant be arsed with doing it, pity because it is a good option for an alternative to sky, plenty of HD football. plus HDmovies and tv shows available.

I think the installers ask for a big amount for setting up a motorised system is mainly for the hassle of getting it right and the time that it will take them to do it, simply 99 per cent cant be arsed with doing it, pity because it is a good option for an alternative to sky, plenty of HD football. plus HDmovies and tv shows available.
Yeah, one guy said he knew how to do it but it wasn't worth his time as if it goes wrong he would be back out, and again and again. Too fiddly he said. It worked perfectly with no trouble at my last place but hey. He makes more doing just sky dishes. If I was an installer I'd find that well boring but money is money I suppose.

Yeah I enjoyed the euro channels I could get, some random Scandinavian channels with sports and I think 42e had 1 or 2 truly awful/brilliant Albanian soap operas. Lol.

Iptv is just the way it has to go. Especially in our house where 28.2e normal stuff really isnt a big factor in tv watching.

Shame though as I the technomate box 5402 I had was brand new, as was the motor and lnb, dish was barely used too. Waste of money really. Whoever buys it off me will have a total steal.

Hopefully you will get it sold at a fair price, ask in the forum and see if theres anyone living near you is in the market for a motorised system, i am sure there would be someone.

Hopefully you will get it sold at a fair price, ask in the forum and see if theres anyone living near you is in the market for a motorised system, i am sure there would be someone.
I will post it in the for sale forum in due course. Might try in another more popular forum too but might get removed.

When your installing fixed systems you
Have five a day to complete any after
That is a bonus This is the reason
most installers will not touch motorisied systems to time consuming
With your set up did you try different
Position for you satellite dish

that makes sense. i do understand why no-one wants to bother.

yeah i did. tried it on 3 sides of the house which had some line of sight in places, but never a good or strong sweep, and also the back garden to see if i could bypass some trees etc, but nothing. it just doesn't work. the only way i could do it would be putting it on the chinmey stack or on a long pole from the side of the house, but really elevate it above the house - the pole would need to be about 4m or so. trees are huge and up close so kinda blocks everything. a few houses on my road have their sky dishes this way on a huge pole for the same problem. I am not however, qualified or confident enough to go onto my roof to attach to a chinmey stack or mount a huge pole with all the faffing that needs doing for sat finding at the same time. hence why i went iptv and bypassed all of that.

Last edited:
Trees are big problem with instalation
Had the same problem recently Moved
The satellite dish to the front off the
Property used 18 inch t.k set 3.5m
Pole and guy wires with turn buckles
To support the pole four ways Theres
Always ways and means

Trees are big problem with instalation
Had the same problem recently Moved
The satellite dish to the front off the
Property used 18 inch t.k set 3.5m
Pole and guy wires with turn buckles
To support the pole four ways Theres
Always ways and means

Way too advanced for me. As long as I get the miss France contest on tf1 every December I'll be happy.lol. luckily have got a stable iptv provider.

Back