Factory reset

darlobill

Hello everyone , I have a 1tb hard drive attached to my zgemma h9s se and i wondered if I did a reset would I lose the contents of the hard drive. It seems to be stuck in a loop of restarting. I go into multiboot and try to boot into openvix but it restarts itself before it can reboot properly. Its on wooshbuild at the moment.

I hope someone can make sense of what I typed

Thanks all

Bill

Hello everyone , I have a 1tb hard drive attached to my zgemma h9s se and i wondered if I did a reset would I lose the contents of the hard drive. It seems to be stuck in a loop of restarting. I go into multiboot and try to boot into openvix but it restarts itself before it can reboot properly. Its on wooshbuild at the moment.

Thanks all

Bill
It will not loose the content of any saved data on there. You can reboot to a different slot from the recovery menu i would get rid of wooshbuild its years old and no longer updated.

Thanks all

Bill
If it's also rebooting when trying to boot another slot it could be the PSU failing and nothing to do with the images on the box since you have tried booting 2 different ones.

Try another PSU before doing anything else.

Does box boot properly when you select image from the recovery menu? Switch on the box at back while also pressing the power button on remote.

Thanks for all the help. I chose openvix slot 3 from within openatv . Then when it said it was rebooting I switched it off by the button on the back. I gave it a minute then switched it on and it went into openvix and i got a stable platform again. I just moved house a couple of days ago and my electronic kit didn't like it. I expect it will settle down soon. Should I remove openatv from slot 1 and flash it with a newer one.

Thanks again Bill.

It does not matter which image is in which slot/partition. This is not open multiboot plugin where host image kernel/drivers are used.

Back