Fatal tuner fail/ openvix flashing problem

barney999

Updated my box, as soon As I did it failed, I am running a vu solo 2, with the latest ipab on it. when i try to search for any channels in ABM it comes up tuner fatal fail, has anyone got a way of fixing this or know why this is happening, I have tried flashing back to a old version no luck, I am trying to flash openvix but it just comes up back with ipab and doesn't flash.

Help!! its breaking me! it worked fine 2 day ago before the online update.

No I haven’t I thought I had but isnt on there have ordered a new usb kingston one, My friend is goin to try it at his house to see if its the cables/line/ try his tuner, try anything really ! Just want it to flash!

box only needs a power input and hdmi cable to see box flashing
is box an original solo 2 or clone=different image?

Yeah ok we will try work on it, do you think if we get it to flash on openvix it will fix this fatal tune error, dont understant why its doin that, thats the main issue the ipab works fine jusy the ABM part,

Ah right I havent got a clue what to change to fix it why aint these things simple!! just want it to work and not cut off! it I manage to get openvix wuld u no what to do to fix it or wuld it work

Preparation.
1. Format a USB stick to FAT32 using tool found in this download http://www.techkings.org/resources/preparing-flash-drives.41/
2. Download the image of your choice and extract it to your desktop.
3. Open the folder you extracted to your desktop,you will see another folder named vuplus, this is your image file. Copy the
entire vuplus folder directly to the USB stick.

Flashing the Receiver.

Fully power the receiver down via the rocker switch at the rear of the receiver.
Make sure no USB devices are plugged into the receiver at this point.
Insert the USB stick containing the image files into one of the USB ports on the receiver.
Power the receiver on from the rear rocker switch and await instructions.As your Solo2 starts to power up you should see a prompt on the receivers display asking you to
press the power button, at this point you need to press the power button on the front of the receiver,
( the blue circles to the left of the front panel, this is a touch sensitive button ).

If you dont see the prompt to press the power button but instead see the message “starting” it means
that the receiver has not detected the USB stick or image files or both. If this happens start from the
beginning or try another USB stick, Image or USB port on the receiver.
If all goes well the flashing process should take approximately 2 minutes to complete

Instructions borrowed from elsewhere

The only time I have seen tuner fatal fail is when both tuners are enabled and only 1 cable connected or loose connection,have you checked that.I use many vu+ boxes
running ipab and never had a problem .

Its a vu solo 2 box with a added sundtek usb tuner for dvbc, it was workin fine two days ago, and now scans nothing! fatal tune error, tried the cable upstairs and down stairs as I have VM anyway, only think I can think of is it might be the tuner gone, but it installs and is found under tuners fine. 2 sat tuners are on there also, im using one VM cable.

Not yet got a kingston usb coming tomorrow so goin to try flash it with that usb! it needs to work!!!! haha. Otherwise it’s goin out the window

Tried the openvix it wont flash, tried Ipab again it will boot and install a fresh version of that, still says tuner fatal fail, is there any other image I can try to put on it. I used the image off the openvix web site, but it wouldnt pick it up, just goes straight back to ipab. Driving me nuts, anyway to restore it back to factory settings? Just dont understand this fatal tuner error, the tuner works fine.

tried 3 different USB sticks and everything it just skips it and goes back to the ipab image. When I put ipab image on usb it flashes that? so strange! just run out of options

Back