Finding out what line is on a box and using it

Fizzdog13

I recently installed a new line on my box by just deleting some text out of a document and pasting the new line in which this guy game me for a price.

problem is... My mates box he got offline seems to get better service. He doesn't know who he got it off because his son ordered is who's now moved to Oz so... I think I could go on to his box and see the line he has installed as text but I don't know who it belongs to because obviously I would have to pay them also before I use it.

this is an N line I'm talking about.

does that hat all make sense?

you need to ftp into the box.

go into these 2 locations.

usr/keys

etc

Your line will live in either one of the above places depending on your build.

CCcam.cfg (ccccams softcam)
newcamd.list (mgcamds softcam)

in one of these files you will have the servername port username password.

As dangerous says, unless this is some dodgy don't give a crap European server that has it's own website at the same domain. It would be hard to contact the server owner.

Therefore I suggest you find out his line details, then ask for a test line in the general satellites sticky thread.

See if anyone offering you a testline on the same server.

AND WHATEVER YOU DO. DO NOT MENTION SERVER NAMES ON THE FORUM. YOU WILL GET AN INSTANT BAN FROM THE MODERATORS

---------- Post Merged at 11:13 PM ----------

Ps... don't try your mates line in your box at the same time its active on his box, otherwise you risk being cut off.

Oz isn't the other side of the world, oh wait - It is.

An email, or a skype convo should sort it. But if he can't remember, there really is no way to find out from it. Just request a new test line.
Always remember that the difference may not be your line, it could be your broadband, or your set up.

Back