flash a bricked DM500s

Janso

TK Veteran
How can I go about this without using a serial cable, or is it not possible? I bought a USB to RS232 or whatever it's called a while ago but I could never get it to work.

Not massively bothered about doing this as I only bought it as my first box to have a play to see if it actually worked but it'd be nice to have just to stick in the back room.

Dreamup will work with this box m8, but very very few USB TO SERIAL adapter work, i use an older laptop with a serial output, and works everytime, also, i would recommend that you use Commando 15.1e [latest one ] on your box m8... its a cracking image, and fully compliant for this box...

I've got the image downloaded, just can't flash it. I haven't got an old laptop either (neither does anybody I know) so it looks like it's going to be a paperweight.

Don't suppose you could link me to exactly the cable I need, just in case I ever manage to find someone with a capable machine?

I don't have a desktop and wouldn't be too confident adding that to my laptop I don't think. Confident I'd know how to do the flashing, it's just getting hold of a PC with the necessary hardware.

Maybe I can find a real cheapy on eBay and sell it on...

But dont you have an express output on your laptop, there is usually a dummy cover over, and when you remove the dummy cover, its shows you the type of express card you need. then like i said, buy one with a serial output [ express to serial ]

Brought it down out the loft to have one last crack at it and it turns out I'm a thick shit and I had actually flashed it last time I tried with the USB cable thing. God knows how. But it works.

Back