For those buying cheap chinse boxes

Best way to deal with the high spec cheap Chinese boxes is use a scene rom.

Loads of uninfected roms about to run on these boxes a favourite of mine is the Slimbox group roms.

One flashed you end up on ATv firmware and no malware or virus.

Not all the Chinese boxes are infected either.

He also said most of them are not even playing 4k.

A good precentage of the popular ones were infected. And some just removed folder where copycat was installed. Which dosent necessarily get rid of virus.

You may be correct about the clean roms but I don't think you are getting the spec you think. Probably safer buying chromestick

By the looks of things you have to get into the nuts and bolts of the coding to see what is going on.

Quite easy to find out extract rom and have look. You will need to look deeper to see output e.g 4k etc

Quite easy to find out extract rom and have look. You will need to look deeper to see output e.g 4k etc
I had a Allwinner H6 Q+ box many years ago was more trouble than what it was worth even though it said 4k the max resolution was 1280x720 tops 😂

Got bored after a couple of minutes, can you summarise what he says please?
  • Cheap streaming boxes promise inexpensive access to content but may contain pre-installed malware.
  • Investigations reveal backdoors and potential risks to privacy and data security in these devices.
  • Even attempts to clean and use these devices safely are fraught with difficulties, including fake hardware specs.
  • The video suggests using trusted devices like Chromecast or Nvidia Shield instead of these unreliable boxes.
  • There's a strong recommendation against using these cheap streaming boxes due to the high security risks.

Back