ford focus mk2 1.6 petrol. clutch cost fitted?

userlee5267

TK Veteran
clutch as shit itself on my focus need it for work sunday im on a 3 month probation as i just started anytime off is job gone. cant afford to lose it as it pays well.

been qouted for luk clutch 3 piece fitted plus 5-6 hours labour as its a BIG job £520

cheapest £490 fitted in three weeks time not a option.

seems high the luk clutch kit is £220 on euro car parts i know they get it cheaper. any thoughts?

Yes im afraid its not a cheap job to have done with the labour involved etc and not a job for the novice diy'er average prices in my area in notts is £400 - £500 and always make sure its the full 3 piece kit fitted because some people skip fitting the new slave cylinder and a few weeks down the line the seal blows and the gearbox has to be removed again etc only other thing is see if you can get access to a family members car or a friend but this aint always an option till you can get it sorted but good luck :(y)::(y):

done it £520 LUK 3 piece kit.... to be told i have a noisy wheel bearing to needs doing £158.

drove it home peddle feels light and as it was when it broke... felt different before... car must of been on its way out for a while it drives well different now. revs dont seem as high pmsl.

is a bit of a burning smell ok. not riding the clutch foot of the peddle... only smelt for a few miles home then it went?

Yeah burning might have been a bit of gearbox oil on exhaust when driveshaft was removed etc glad ya sorted and back on the road happy days :(y):

Back