1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ford focus mk2 1.6 petrol. clutch cost fitted?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Questions' started by userlee5267, Jun 23, 2018.

1. userlee5267

userlee5267 Registered

clutch as shit itself on my focus need it for work sunday im on a 3 month probation as i just started anytime off is job gone. cant afford to lose it as it pays well.

been qouted for luk clutch 3 piece fitted plus 5-6 hours labour as its a BIG job £520

cheapest £490 fitted in three weeks time not a option.

seems high the luk clutch kit is £220 on euro car parts i know they get it cheaper. any thoughts?

2. rs500nutter

rs500nutter TK Veteran Forum Supporter

Male
    {toolsetter
    mansfield
    Yes im afraid its not a cheap job to have done with the labour involved etc and not a job for the novice diy'er average prices in my area in notts is £400 - £500 and always make sure its the full 3 piece kit fitted because some people skip fitting the new slave cylinder and a few weeks down the line the seal blows and the gearbox has to be removed again etc only other thing is see if you can get access to a family members car or a friend but this aint always an option till you can get it sorted but good luck :thumbsup::thumbsup:

3. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

I agree 3 piece kit only.

4. userlee5267

userlee5267 Registered

done it £520 LUK 3 piece kit.... to be told i have a noisy wheel bearing to needs doing £158.

drove it home peddle feels light and as it was when it broke... felt different before... car must of been on its way out for a while it drives well different now. revs dont seem as high pmsl.

is a bit of a burning smell ok. not riding the clutch foot of the peddle... only smelt for a few miles home then it went?

5. rs500nutter

rs500nutter TK Veteran Forum Supporter

Male
    {toolsetter
    mansfield
    Yeah burning might have been a bit of gearbox oil on exhaust when driveshaft was removed etc glad ya sorted and back on the road happy days :thumbsup: