ford focus mk2 56 reg... struggling to start issue

userlee5267

TK Veteran
hello all... had the car just under a year and its started to play up a little. sometimes when starting it up it struggles like it kinda starts then dies then its a struggle and a half to get going again, but i have found pressing the accelerater in a little while turning the key helps and it starts up. but this problem is so intermittent its hard to pin point, say it happend today it wont happen again for weeks. i have had the battery checked and its fine i have had the engine scanner on it and there is no faults and no faults stored, i had the oil and oil filter done not long ago. any ideas what this could be?

cheers lee

is it diesel u turn key once til dash light up wait on spring light to go out then start so its been heated in colder days takes a sec or 2 longer if its a diesel

petrol sorry

---------- Post Merged at 05:18 PM ----------

did it twice yesterday and today its fine.... peeing me off can see it only getting worse

You need someone with decent scanner and knowledge to look at live data, eg temperature sensor can cause this if its giving wrong readings to ecu and live data will show that etc

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Might need a new fuel filter mate

---------- Post Merged at 06:29 PM ----------

Some times it can happen when you drive with low fuel a lot of the time it sucks air into the fuel lines and doesn't start properly, if this is the case it will sort it self out over time, just be sure to not let it go on the red if you can help it

ok cheers all... is fuel filter easy job on the focus? did it on a daewoo matiz and it was never right after lol

have a look under front inlet manifold as there might be a 3 piece breather kit that collapses and sucks in air.

Back