Forgotten Menu Pin

J Spain

Hello completely new to this system but have a very basic problem - I am unable to access menu on Zgemma Star H2. Have searched forum for pls lemme remedy but as late no look with any meaningful assistance I’m hoping that there is a mechanism for resetting the box to default in such a scenario and if so some kind individual to walk me through the process. Thank you in advance

Regards

Hello completely new to this system but have a very basic problem - I am unable to access menu on Zgemma Star H2. Have searched forum for pls lemme remedy but as late no look with any meaningful assistance I’m hoping that there is a mechanism for resetting the box to default in such a scenario and if so some kind individual to walk me through the process. Thank you in advance

Regards

You can reflash the box, that will put it back to factory plain settings.

Thank you steptoe Would you happen to know the precise location and name of the firmware etc to complete such a task

Regards

Depends how techy you are? I got this from another site but you may be better reflashing:

Telnet in to your box, and issue init 4 command. Then, FTP in, and edit the file /etc/enigma2/settings.

In here, you should find a section called config.ParentalControl.servicepin.0=[/]. After the = sign, will be your pin number... You can edit it there, and then issue the init 3 command to load the box back up.

If you just want to find out what the code is, you can ignore running the init commands, and just find out what the code is and use that.

(In other words, just navigate to /etc/enigma2/settings and open the file with notepad++ or just use the dreamexplorer plugin).

Hi yes seen that thread via google, however I must confess to a complete failure to follow In particular Telnet in to your box, and issue init 4 command. Then, FTP in, and edit the file /etc/enigma2/settings. Any chance you could educate me to what a Telnet is and decode FTP

Regards

Thank for that steptoe Final numpty question I promise which particular firmware should I be downloading would it be the bootloader. Thought it best to check
Regard

If you dont want to reflash go to plugins and see if you have dream explorer installed. If not install it by going to install plugins then extensions and find dream explorer and install it. Exit back out to plugins and you should see dream explorer highlight it and press ok you should see a screen like thisdream2.jpg scroll down to etc and press ok , in the next screen scroll down to enigma2 and press ok, another screen opens look for settings scroll to it and press ok. Then look for ParentalControl.servicepin.0= and the number after = should be you pin. I dont have parental controls enabled so it does not appear in my list

Hello 1999gtv, thank you for your comment. You mention plug in Not too sure what you mean. I’ll infer this makes reference to the Zgemma box. In order to access plug in to ascertain if you have something load do you need to access menu

Regards

Press menu then go to plugins press ok, in the screen that opens see if dream explorer is listed. It is second one down in my plugins yours may be higher or lower in listdream.jpg if not follow instructions I gave to install it

Hi aga8n thank you but as inferred in umy earlier posts, I am unable to access the menu function of the box given that I have forgotten the pin.

Regards

Hi aga8n thank you but as inferred in umy earlier posts, I am unable to access the menu function of the box given that I have forgotten the pin.

Regards
Ok so you protected services and screens sorry missed that bit thought it was services

Back