Formuler Z7+ or Vu+ Zero or Zgemma?

willo81

Hi...

Thinking of purchasing one of the above and looking for members who currently own either so I can compare. Currently using Smart IPTV on LG TV and looking for a better experience and the option to record, pause & rewind etc. as I am finding the app sluggish since the last update.

Not too interested in the MAG interface as I have tried it recently and hasn't won me over.

All preferences welcome or other boxes I have not mentioned.

The Formuler Z7+ is a good box mate, But if your looking for a sly look the only box built for iptv i know of is the zgemma i55, I have both and think the Formuler Z7+ is the better of the 2 because you can add other app's like netflix, kodi ect

The Formuler Z7+ is a good box mate, But if your looking for a sly look the only box built for iptv i know of is the zgemma i55, I have both and think the Formuler Z7+ is the better of the 2 because you can add other app's like netflix, kodi ect
Thanks a lot for your input, tough decision!

Formuler is a great piece of kit for iptv, has android also so easy to set up a vpn if required, glad I got rid of the mag 254 for this

got the prime, and Z7. Use both for iptv only, have played films via usb card fine in 4k, never tried anything else but seem great for me

formuler z7+ I bought it set up. then went away to work..
Easy to set up..
Iptv. then press a button runs kodi..
I mastered the actual portal input by remote..
The remote control is what people need to master ..
EPG runs to a point . Not fastest I have used.. record via USB works very good..
Only downside is the remote clunky in my opinion..
For under £100.00 well recommended..

Last edited:
I use a vu+duo 2 and ultimo 4k for IPTV and satt and way better than the cheaper boxes with full support for all images.Not used the zero but VU are great boxes and have good support.Or maybe a zgemma h5.2s or h7 as a lot of people use these.

Hi...

Thinking of purchasing one of the above and looking for members who currently own either so I can compare. Currently using Smart IPTV on LG TV and looking for a better experience and the option to record, pause & rewind etc. as I am finding the app sluggish since the last update.

Not too interested in the MAG interface as I have tried it recently and hasn't won me over.

All preferences welcome or other boxes I have not mentioned.

I’ve just got the Formuler Z7+, good piece of kit. EPG layout is decent, very easy to setup and you have the Android side as backup.

I will probably get another one for our back room. I’ve tried a Mag Box, thankfully it was faulty and also tried to run IPTV on a Fire TV, that was testing!

Once you master the remote control
Its a good bit of kit..
Record function I use
SanDisk 32gb cruiser.
Format to fat 32.

Last edited:
Also looking into this but have no real experience with iptv. Coming from a Zgemma H2H and therefore having the the epg sly setup with the rewind, record etc functionality. What is the best way of getting this using iptv? Can this not be done using the app on a smart tv? Need fellow members input here.

The EPG. Works but is slow.
Apparently the epg is being addressed by formuler..
Yes you can record via external HDD
or for my uses. I have USB stick in the side.. .

Some providers offer catchup tv as part of their package..

Last edited:
The EPG. Works but is slow.
Apparently the epg is being addressed by formuler..
Yes you can record via external HDD
or for my uses. I have USB stick in the side.. .

Re the recording, does it only allow you to record the channel you're watching? What if I wanted to set a recording during the night for example, is that possible? Also how do I go about having multi room play?

90% of tv I view is freeview.
So I record on z7. And watch freeview
Multi room is available I think by a provider for an additional fee.

90% of tv I view is freeview.
So I record on z7. And watch freeview
Multi room is available I think by a provider for an additional fee.

A dumb question, but is an ariel needed to view freeview or is this all through the net? Also, I take it an additional box would be required for multi room?

I use freeview via Freesat.
But if you have not got a dish.an aerial would be needed.
But Ethernet or WiFi would be needed.
To view iptv.
An additional box would be needed I am assuming for multiroom

Back