Free sim and cheap pay as you go packages

It says if you top-up £10 your get unlimited web, so is unlimited really mean unlimited? or is there a fair uses policy.

Statement from giffgaff

More info on pricing

Is unlimited really unlimited?
The answer is yes, we are unlimited for personal mobile use - but not for commercial and automated use. Mobile Internet allowances exclude PC use and tethering.

Last edited:
Your State,met from Giffgaff is wrong as i just found this on their website

Mobile Internet:
Mobile Internet is charged at 20p a day (up to 20MB). You will be charged at 20p/MB until you use 1MB/day. If you use between 1MB and 20MB you will only be charged 20p/day. If you go over 20MB you'll be charged extra at 20p/MB.

Trust someone to read it all wrong :anyonethere:those charges are made if you are not on goodybag tarriffs when you top up by £10 you will receive an exp date of one month later if you dont top up by then or use all your credit you move onto normal tariff charges as you wrongly posted above note giffgaff to giffgaff calls still remain free for 3 months credit or not, you can also set up a low credit automatic top up if you wish so you would never drop onto a standard charged tariff.

From giffgaff website that starking forgot to read lol
What happens if you've used all the minutes in my goodybag before it expires?
In that case you can continue using the service at our standard prices. Just make sure you buy credit.

These are our standard prices:

Calls, texts, call forwarding and video calls to giffgaff Free

Calls to other UK mobiles, landlines and call forwarding 8p/min

Texts to other UK mobiles and landlines 4p/text

Voice mail 8p/call

Mobile Internet (up to 20MB) 20p/day

Free phone numbers (starting 080 & 0500) Free

Last edited:
I got excited on this one for a few minutes and then I was dissapointed. lol

Currently on a contract, and was looking at the Giff Gaff website, I was under the impression that once you top up £10 you would get 250mins, Unlimited texts and internet, then realised you have to use that £10 to purchase the goodybag therefore that £10 becoming unavailable to you. Knowing me, I would probably not call alot but text, I was with 3 previously, would top up £10 online and get 600 texts, 500MB internet. This I thought was better because you would have 3 months to use this allowance before its taken away from you, but with Giff Gaff its a monthly basis plan. Right now, i'm paying £10 for my contract that comes with a BlackBerry, would have had it cancelled and move to this if the £10 wasn't eaten by the goodybag. :(

Yes all goodybags have 1 month exp date use or loose, but for a fiver you get 60 minutes 300 texts + for every minute your called u get a minute back again bargain i set my twin daughters up on these and now if they run low on mins i top them up by calling there phone via my contract phone (I get a stupid amount of mins that i never use)
In a ideal world the best way to use giffgaff is say family & friends all on pay as you go & all have giffgaff then just top up by a fiver then get free giffgaff to giffgaff texts, phone calls and even video calls for 3 months.

Last edited:
Another studip  question dooby,

I have to purchase the goodybag???

When I topup I don't auto get the goodybags relevant to my top up????

I purchase the bags right???

Sorry to be pain, jus confused n I tend not to read the small print.

Dooby, u couldn't write up a little guide so it saves all the questions.
I think its very value for money but I can't persuade anyone due to not being able to explain it properly.

Last time I said( to frends n fam) they keep the £10 as well as getting the goodybag, now I know this is not the case.

Ps please don't link the t&c, jus easy numpty language.lol

Thanks

Another studip  question dooby,

I have to purchase the goodybag???

When I topup I don't auto get the goodybags relevant to my top up????

I purchase the bags right???

Sorry to be pain, jus confused n I tend not to read the small print.

This is how it works. You buy a £10 top up. If you want to stop right there, then thats it you'll be using there standard rates for texts and calls (see the website). If you want to purchase a goodbag to get all the extra benifits then that £10 WILL be deducted from your account.

I see what you mean, with the mainstreak UK mobile operators, you top up a certain amount and get an incentive, but with the case of GiffGaff, you have to buy this incentive (goodybag) and then you'll no longer have access to your £10. Meaning if you want to continue making texts and calls, you will HAVE to top up again.

Dooby, u couldn't write up a little guide so it saves all the questions.
I think its very value for money but I can't persuade anyone due to not being able to explain it properly.

Last time I said( to frends n fam) they keep the £10 as well as getting the goodybag, now I know this is not the case.

Ps please don't link the t&c, jus easy numpty language.lol

Thanks

I dont think there is a need for dooby to write up any guide, the link explains everything, if you have any specific questions then you can ask in this thread.

You are right about the goodybag, you buy the goodybag, you lose the £10.

Back