Freezing and i don't mean the weather

hkphooey

TK Veteran
Hi Guy's
My box has just started in last few days freezing on channels for few seconds sometimes upto a minute before they come back. Its not scrambling and i also have a F5s ( using different line) using same supplier of line and thats fine. I have read the various other threads but can't seem to get to what i need to be checking. I use LAN plugs but everything has been fine until recently.
I use timeshift etc and again all that seems to work perfectly. My internet connection with everything else through the house is spot on. What can i check reset etc please, ( Please don't say router i have done this a million times recently)
Also the channels will not autoscan as was going to try that.
I contacted my supplier and he only ever blames my internet connection lol. But to be honest i have been with him for 3 years now and all has been very good.

I have read about deleting unused plugins etc but i don't want to go randomly deleting stuff i know nothing about. I went into softcam details dash and can get loads on line info just wondering how i could use this info to eliminate that its a not a line issue but the box??

I defo seems a issue with this Zgemma box. Any help would be much appreciated .

Maybe try getting a 24 hour test line and see if that clears up the problem. Just make sure you have a backup copy of your existing line before trying it

Or try swapping your lunes between boxes and see if anything changes.

Maybe try getting a 24 hour test line and see if that clears up the problem. Just make sure you have a backup copy of your existing line before trying it

Or try swapping your lunes between boxes and see if anything changes.

Cheers bud... Yes i take it its a matter of elimination??? as can't see to many solutions listed that are reoccurring for this issue on here. I have changed the main LAN plug feed from the router seems to have helped as not done it in last 30 mins that was before i left for work. So probably missus and kids will be moaning when i get in later :beg:
I did have mess around with plugin downloads when fiddling with picons but not sure if that caused a issue.

Hi HKPHOOEY,

I had the same issue with a VU Solo 4K. I was checking the CCAM log and seeing that it was freezing and restarting. I too got on to my line supplier and got the same response.

Luckily the 4K has built in wireless so I switched to this to test and everyting was fine. Switched back to the homeplugs and the issue started again. So for me it is definatly the homeplugs that are causing the issue.

It used to work fine with them, so I guess there has been a driver update on 5.3 that is causing this issue.

I have just ordered a 4 port usb hub and wifi dongle so will update you on how that works.

Cheers

Ost

Hard wire your receiver to your router, this eliminates inference through your home electrical system using home plugs.
If the problem is still there try a few test lines.

Cheers guys im defo going to try wireless, this issue was never there before but if a update has occurred then im sure that probably it. Is this box ok via wireless??? whats best adapter and i take it set up is standard?? i have quite a few wireless dongles about .

To ensure a good viewing experience, personally I would only hard wire any receiver to a router.
Any wireless devices run the risk of picking up interference or dropping information

To ensure a good viewing experience, personally I would only hard wire any receiver to a router.
Any wireless devices run the risk of picking up interference or dropping information

Just most people have the router well away from the main viewing TV area etc. My router is in the utility room probably the furthest away from the lounge that it could be..... just wanting the best solution for this situation, must admit im not a great fan of running anything wireless unless its a mobile lol.

I have been having the same problems and thought it may have been cams. I have been using Ccam but trying to change to Mgcamd which is turning into a problem in itself. My box is hardwired so at least I can rule that out but hopefully you find an easy fix.

Hard wire it around the outside of your house. Cable runs can be up to 100 metres in length.
lol would have to be a lot longer than that...cheers

---------- Post Merged at 08:31 PM ----------

Think its defo the internet connection for me....why its started to play up now i don't know been using the plugs for years

Back