1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freezing on VM

Discussion in 'General Cable TV.' started by Janso, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Janso

Janso TK Veteran

Male
    I know this would normally be a supplier-dependent problem but I've heard loads of people across the country moaning about their VM lines freezing like a ******* over the last few days on several different servers.

Anybody know if VM are doing any work on the network?

2. cableconnect

cableconnect Registered

No freezing for me :)

3. ianw314

ianw314 TK Veteran Forum Supporter

Male
    {Finance
    Singapore
    I have been connected to a big well known long standing server with a vm line but lately over the past few months the service has deteriorated hence the reason i was getting more and more freezing especially when the sport was on etc. I contacted him last week as the box office boxing was unwatchable with constant freezing, his reply was, is your internet ok and my reply was ....its perfect and what confirmed my concern with the likely-hood that his server is now overloaded, I watched the 6 hours rerun of the boxing the next morning when obviously not too many people were watching and not one episode of freezing !! So I bit the bullet today and changed sever which I new was reliable as a relative already had a line from them.

4. matt7b37

matt7b37 Registered

Wirral
    Having exactly the same issues. Had 3 tests over the last week, 2 of which today have been tested and both have been poor during the footy, and even now during SPOTY on BBC1!

5. ianw314

Male
    {Finance
    Singapore
    The problem is mate maybe the test line were from re-sellers all attached to the one server?

6. djstevie

djstevie Registered

I've been having the same problems myself. My ECM times are all over the place on several different channels. Going from 0.02 up to 4.0 at random times. Months of only the odd freeze which is expected to basically unwatchable. Was going to try a different line but it's a flaming minefield of what one to pick. Most expensive isn't always the best. Maybe with so many us VM people having problems, something more sinister is at play.

7. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

quite possible with fibre upgrades and things happening some people get hassle and others plain sailing -no hassle.
    is it happening all the time then suspect supplier and a test can check that.

8. djstevie

djstevie Registered

Whats the best way to test the line?

9. matt7b37

matt7b37 Registered

Wirral
    That was the first thing that came to mind for me. Got another test en route off another user here so I'm hopefull this one will be good. The Apprentice has been unwatchable here, not because of the annoying people on the TV either, getting lots of freezing and pixelation every we minutes.

10. Svenlorenz

Svenlorenz Registered

I have what has been a quality line for over 3 years and on most channels this is still the case. Biggest Issues I am having is on Eurosport 1 and 2, HD and SD with the ECMs all over the place. Freezing for long periods every 30 seconds or so. Anyone else getting this on Eurosport. Tried all the other channels on the same frequency and no issues so not a signal problem.

11. Janso

Janso TK Veteran

Male
    All of my sky sports channels seem to freeze. BT nowhere near as bad but still worse than before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Svenlorenz

Svenlorenz Registered

No issues with Sky sports here, only seen it on Eurosport although about a month ago I also had similar problems with Discovery HD but that seems OK at the moment.

13. Janso

Janso TK Veteran

Male
    Been trying to watch the darts and the football over the weekend and particularly the darts has been unwatchable.

14. Svenlorenz

Svenlorenz Registered

Had no issues on Sky Sports 1HD on Man City game, will have a look at some others later and post back

15. ianw314

Male
    {Finance
    Singapore
    Cactikid my line got worse when the footy, darts, snooker were all on at the same time the freezing episodes just increased, however after changing my server today i can honestly say i have had not one freeze and I'm jumping from channel to channel watching the sports, so for me it was definitely a serve issue but pleased to say all's good, well for now anyway lol

16. Janso

Janso TK Veteran

Male
    Ian could you pm me who you got it from please?

17. ianw314

Male
    {Finance
    Singapore
    Janso i'd be more than willing to do that mate but first i would prefer if admin confirmed that this was ok before doing so as i dont want to be seen to be breaking any forum rules.

18. Janso

Janso TK Veteran

Male
    Cheers. Far as I'm aware it's okay to give details privately but not where everyone can see, for obvious reasons.

But sure, no problem hanging on.

19. Svenlorenz

Svenlorenz Registered

no issues here on Sky Spots 3HD/ datrs is fine, no freezes at all

---------- Post Merged at 10:45 PM ----------

EuroSport 1HD is also fine now

20. ianw314

Male
    {Finance
    Singapore